1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

New gibson 335s from CME question?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jzucker, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Thinking about buying a 335 from CME and was wondering if folks could pipe in with answers to the following:

What kind of neck profiles are you seeing on their standard 335s and what is the weight?

As an aside, any thoughts on a market correction on the used market?

2. modavis99

modavis99 Silver Supporting Member

I own a 2014 model 63 Reissue 335 and the red es335 that CME sent me as part of the "floor model" blowout is *better*. CME sent me a brand new 335, model year 2017. The weight on my guitar is 8 pounds exactly and the neck is thicker than my 63 Reissue, but with soft shoulders. I'd think of it as somewhere between a 59 and a 60, maybe closer to a 59 but with softer shoulders. Very comfortable for me.

if you think there is even a 20% chance you will be buying a 335 in the future just stop what you are doing and get one from CME right now. You will never get a better price than $1,800 ... oh and they will consider offers ;)

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...s-335-cherry-nh-serial-10756744-floor-model-1

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  3. rockinrobby

rockinrobby Senior member Professional musician ... Gold Supporting Member

The deals are simply > Amazing !! I must say I see these go up for sale for 30% more as folks are trying to make a profit.. Not gonna say who or where but the deals are so good you can't really go wrong!!

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  4. Mpcoluv

Mpcoluv Member

Web link now says sold out....

5. the29band

the29band Member

FennRx likes this.
  6. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Supporting Member

Smoking deals to be had. Wow!!!

7. duhziner

duhziner Member

I purchased 2 amazing guitars from them last month in the "Floor Model" sale, and they generally post neck thickness at first/12th fret. The deals they had were incredible

8. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Jack Z look at Wildwood Guitars websight under Gibson Memphis and they list all specs on every individual guitar.

9. rockinrobby

rockinrobby Senior member Professional musician ... Gold Supporting Member

Yes indeed!! I bought one this week and I'm waiting on arrival.. Hope it's a good one??

10. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Love my 58 335 I got from them, I honestly can't put it down.

Thick neck with a dark rosewood board, beautiful dark sunburst, weighs a pinch over 8lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not concerned with resale, I'm sure I could easily break even though.

11. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

I've got that same 1958 Memphis ES-335TD . Absolutely love it, especially the large non bound neck. Reminds me of a 1950's Les Paul Jr neck I used to own long ago!

jiml likes this.
  12. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

I picked up a 58 and 59 ri 335. Both are amazing and hands down the best 335's I've ever played. I've been on a long search for the right 335 for me too, and here I found 2.. both at a much better price than any of the standard models were going for locally. I bought a ES-LP too. I honestly have too hold myself back from buying a fourth, because the deals are just so tempting. God knows when, if ever, we'll see them for these kind of prices again.

jads57 and modavis99 like this.
  13. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Gold Supporting Member

Couldn't find them at first but they're under used and described as floor models. I see four or five, some called "slim neck." It gives neck specs but they're all the same so I think it's the general spec, not specific to each one. The ones that are not slim neck say .850-.950.

There's a VOS '63 for under 2100! It says .800.

bryan83 likes this.
  14. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

Contact David or Matt (call the store) and ask them for a list. There are quite a few more than what's on the site.

15. MR.K

MR.K Member

.90-1.00 are the larger profile numbers. I have a blonde '58 I got last year

Tag and Magnets And Melodies like this.
  16. kickstrat

kickstrat Member

I just ordered a 58 VOS ES-335 from CME. I could not resist at such a low price.
    I already have some fine semi-hollow bodies: Collings I35LC, Ibanez LR10, Ibanez JSM100.
    I hope that the Gibson will meet my expectations.

17. ericghanus

ericghanus Member

I actually went and picked mine out in store last night. 63 VOS. Plays like a dream and hard to beat the price. I talked a lot with the CME guys about the nuts and bolts of this 'floor model' deal. Everything's on the level, and they think they'll get more in. If it says sold out, it's worth a call. Considering they have the same non-floor model up on the wall for just shy of 4k, these are a steal.

C-4 and jiml like this.
  18. 808

808 Member

People that have bought, did you guys make offers?

C-4 likes this.
  19. ixnay

ixnay Member

I emailed Matt and he quoted me lower prices than what was on the site. He said he was doing this for TGP members, so I don't know if you'd get the same, or better/worse, results by making an offer or not.

20. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

At the price I was given for the 58 ES335 RI I bought, I did not want to "look a gift horse in the mouth", I just shut up and paid the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.