• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Gibson guitar?

marshall2553

Gold Supporting Member
I like the looks of that a lot more than the regular double cutaway Standard, though I think they should have stopped at 22 frets.

Carbohydrates

Hard pass. It's like a more amorphous, flat topped PRS imitation. The big ol headstock with Grovers combined with the thin body makes me question the balance, too. I'd much rather just have an LP DC.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Amazing to see Gibson go PRS...

For better access to the upper frets there gonna want to dish the top of the body on the lower bout...;)

PartoftheDark

I guess they're aiming for the player that likes an SG but wants a thicker overall feel and sound. I have my doubts that this fully accomplishes either. I'd rather get a PRS.

Slevin

Hard pass. It's like a more amorphous, flat topped PRS imitation. The big ol headstock with Grovers combined with the thin body makes me question the balance, too. I'd much rather just have an LP DC.
It reminds me of some of the echo park guitars. I like the body but for some reason it's hard to picture the open book headstock on anything but a paul or sg

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Looks fine to me. Fortunately I have TGP to tell me what's wrong with it before anyone actually sees let alone plays one.

The thought of PRS didn't enter my mind at all when I saw the pic. Slightly offset double cut, I guess, not that unique to PRS.

We seem to not know anything about it in terms of build and price point. There was that 500 buck model that caused an OMG How could they Gibson is the devil (or at least Coach K) thread not too long ago. I'm thinking the fretboard inlays and binding suggest higher pricing. I'm going for just under a grand.

Last edited:

Noise Under The Floor

A happy-go-lucky chap, always dressed in black.
Platinum Supporting Member
I like it, but it looks a bit like a Schecter Tempest to me.

The article said it's a prototype for a possible new model, as yet unnamed.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Interesting! Maybe do a couple of different variations, 2 knob with a wraparound tailpiece, 3 knob with P90's and 4 knob with standard humbuckers and ABR? I'll bet Gibson has a field day with different models of these!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom