New Gibsons Memphis ES-355 Studio's for $899

TK LP

B
The absence of binding is the biggest difference, which is a time-intensive process to apply, which means decreased man-hours and a lot less money. The electronics have a single volume and tone controls, too. This will decrease tonal options in comparison to separate volume and tone controls, but not by much. While you don't need a pickguard, its absence saves you $$$. I have a torrefied maple fingerboard on a 2012 LP 60's Tribute and it is durable as rosewood. Pickups differences are a wash. This is a Epiphone made by Gibson.....
I never noticed the missing binding to be honest, and now that you have pointed it out, it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes the ES-335 studio look not quite right.

Binding is there, it's black

sg13

The absence of binding is the biggest difference, which is a time-intensive process to apply, which means decreased man-hours and a lot less money. The electronics have a single volume and tone controls, too. This will decrease tonal options in comparison to separate volume and tone controls, but not by much. While you don't need a pickguard, its absence saves you $$$. I have a torrefied maple fingerboard on a 2012 LP 60's Tribute and it is durable as rosewood. Pickups differences are a wash. This is a Epiphone made by Gibson.....
That's a bunch of bs...it's got black fretboard binding with nibs and black body binding, 57 classics, abr1 bridge, historic truss rod, orange drop caps, perfect fretwork, full gloss nitro, rolled neck binding, lock in tailpiece, 8 lbs, hardshell case, plays like a dream ..ain't no epiphone my friend.

qblue

My bad.... The binding is black as is the graphite nut, I was wrong. Well I like black binding on white guitars but not on these darker finishes. Like the Alex Lifeson ES-355.

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
At that price, it's a no-brainer.

If I had $800 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd grab one of these as my knock-around / gig in a questionable part of town guitar.

SciFlyer

Silver Supporting Member
Curious so I just messaged with someone from CME. According to him, it is not true that they will take additional promo codes taking it down to 819.

sg13

Curious so I just messaged with someone from CME. According to him, it is not true that they will take additional promo codes taking it down to 819.
Waited too long, they had over 20 and it looks like only 1 or 2 now, so supply and demand.

johnnytuinals

I just got a email from CME a few hours ago.
If I call up they will take $100 off making the guitar $799.
I thought about buying it but the lack of post on other websites makes
me wonder why nobodys talking about these guitars until I posted the first
post here?
I am sure the pickups are good and the guitar does have binding and comes with a case.
Price is unbeatable but I will wait till after Xmas time and see what deals will be out there.
Last Year (april 2016}I think I got lucky and so many others were able to pickup a New 2014 Les Paul Peace guitar for $1234
So I will pass on this since I have many guitars that I have not played as of yet in my closet.....
Good luck to the ones that bought one..............JT

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 2014 ES-339 Studio in Black which has become my main gigging guitar over some very expensive other Gibsons,etc.

johnnytuinals

Merry Xmas Airportbar
The Gov explorer I have played for less then 30 mins when I bought it 3 years ago.(in the closet}
As for the 3 Billie Joe Armstong guitars,nope have not played them and yes they are getting dust on them being in the closet.
Buttttt I am thinking taking the 2014 Fender american Deluxe SSH plus that I bought last month out during the holidays but then again I might not,I am very forgetful and lazy lol.....................JT

danhops

They did not take the promo code, but they did send a follow up email offering it to me for $819 after the code was declined.

Trending Topics