• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New gigrig product coming?

jjjacksonjjj

I am wondering how the setlists work? Am I assigning existing presets to parts of a given song or do I need to create new presets for each song? If I have, say, that seven pedal, five MIDI command stadium solo tone it could become tedious to redo that for all 25 songs in the setlist where I want to use it If I have to start from scratch every time.
You are just changing bank numbers to song names. Each song uses one bank and you can copy presets from one bank to another.

Another cool thing is that to you can just copy and paste midi settings between presets without overwriting the other settings within that preset.

Rusty Dutch

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, but as far as I can see only one - which operates - press to go up and hold to go down. It's a bit clunky. I'd like to be able to use another switch for down.
It’s the hold to go down that is laughable... and this even manages to be inconsistent in its effectiveness. Crap when it works as expected, and has the potential to jump banks and put you in a bit of a pickle.

I’m a big fan of GigRig gear and have bought a lot of it in the past. I think the G3 is generally awesome. But there are some issues - and they shouldn’t require a workaround when you are paying ~$1k.

They’ll iron this out over the next month or two and have already been making steady firmware updates.

jjjacksonjjj

It’s the hold to go down that is laughable... and this even manages to be inconsistent in its effectiveness. Crap when it works as expected, and has the potential to jump banks and put you in a bit of a pickle.

I’m a big fan of GigRig gear and have bought a lot of it in the past. I think the G3 is generally awesome. But there are some issues - and they shouldn’t require a workaround when you are paying ~$1k.

They’ll iron this out over the next month or two and have already been making steady firmware updates.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm coming from a broken Boss ES-8 and although G3 is clearly better, I do miss the total flexibility the Boss had. I'm sure they will add these things in.

Shane S

Anybody receive confirmation on shipping out the second batch yet? Should be soon.
I received mine on the 23rd of last month. It was immediately shipped off the following week along with 16 other pedals to LASD to be wired up professionally for my new pedalboard. I hope to have it returned next week to me. I did some initial programming with mine and everything worked as expected and sounded great.

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
Is there a way to reverse the function of the remote switches tip / ring function? I'm using one for amp channel switching but would like to reverse the function. Right now when it's off the drive channel is selected and when on my clean channel is selected. I would like to reverse that so off/clean on/ drive.

And is it my understanding that you lose the preset that is turned into a stompbox within the bank?

Agree with others about scrolling banks up and down. Holding for the bank down just doesn't seem to make any sense, at least for me.

I would love to see a global favorite preset. The ability to toggle between a favorite preset and the current preset within other banks would be great. Set up your favorite switch with a bank of all stompbox switches and then toggle between a bank of presets....

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
As I'm using the G3 I just can't stop thinking why didn't they just divide the bank button into two smaller buttons? Use the same button size as they do for the normal loop buttons and have arrow up/arrow down? Going down the banks is a real hassle.

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
As I'm using the G3 I just can't stop thinking why didn't they just divide the bank button into two smaller buttons? Use the same button size as they do for the normal loop buttons and have arrow up/arrow down? Going down the banks is a real hassle.
Agreed. I bought a Bank Manager, but….

Frank67

Agreed. I bought a Bank Manager, but….
Agreed, that is a bit of a design flaw. I even liked the old way better - hit the bank button and then select the bank using the preset buttons. Not possible anymore of course with 99 banks.

I tried to talk them (really really nice people!) into allowing it in the software - assign one preset button as bank up, the other as bank down. Should be easy and I would be ok sacrificing two buttons to up down functionality. I hope they do it.

there are a few other missed opportunities in the software (in my opinion), but overall, it is still a really really awesome product.

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
Agreed, that is a bit of a design flaw. I even liked the old way better - hit the bank button and then select the bank using the preset buttons. Not possible anymore of course with 99 banks.

I tried to talk them (really really nice people!) into allowing it in the software - assign one preset button as bank up, the other as bank down. Should be easy and I would be ok sacrificing two buttons to up down functionality. I hope they do it.

there are a few other missed opportunities in the software (in my opinion), but overall, it is still a really really awesome product.
I submitted the same idea as well. I think they have options available and are brain storming on this situation. I would like to be able to use a double foot switch through the bank jack that gives me the ability to go up and down without the hold function. Maybe they can offer the ability to use the tip/ring buttons as a substitute if you don't use both. How about press bank and use the 1/2 output for up/down...Or the up/down arrows in the post gain.... I'll take anything at this point...

jjjacksonjjj

If they can do it, buttons 6 & 7 for up and down would be perfect. That would leave 6 presets per bank, which should be enough for most, especially if changing up an down banks is easier and quicker.

Graye

I've had my Atom for over four months now but had multiple issues. Original was sent back because the LCD screen was offset. The second unit was bricked after updating, and customer support sent me an older revision to update with (175) but that hasn't helped. I can't get past the splash screen, and Jackson's suggestion of repeatedly pressing the #8 preset doesn't help either. Waiting on support again. They are wonderful but so far unable to help.

Has anyone experieced this issue? Anyone worked past it? Any other tricks for booting in a different mode, similar to pressing the #8 preset?

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
The only weird thing I'm experiencing is when I use a remote switch in stompbox mode sometimes it doesn't toggle bak off and stays programmed (on) in a preset...?

Laser

This.

Laser

If they can do it, buttons 6 & 7 for up and down would be perfect. That would leave 6 presets per bank, which should be enough for most, especially if changing up an down banks is easier and quicker.
And, if not that (previous quote).

Then, this.

It's pretty bed when your customers appear more motivated to find solutions than the manufacturer.

As for me, I'm willing to buy a G3 but not until they come up with a better bank switching system. It's too much money to spend to have this kind of frustrating design flaw.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom