new glaswerks clip

marinblues

Sounds great and thick!

Was it pretty loud when you recorded it?Are they V60s on the Tele?

thanks

Marin

Gar B

Platinum Supporting Member
LV,

HRM or not? Please share settings if possible. Thanks!

gb

lv

Silver Supporting Member
LV,

HRM or not? Please share settings if possible. Thanks!

gb

Started out HRM, mid boost, pab, switches in skyliner mode - very thick, then eventually moved to non-HRM, and more towards the 70's style of voicing - and also turned the pab off and cranked the treble and backed down the gain.

Gary,

Don't know how often you use the non-hrm lead tones - after I adjusted the OD trim pot on the board they got very thick and creamy - I actually mistakenly thought I was playing hrm this morning!

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Huh... so a Glaswerks makes a tele sound like a

Jackson...cool !

I knew you 'd get some strange replies on that one. I actually agree with you in a way a bit. It actually reminded me of my old 78 BC Rich Mockingbird tonewise. That was a Koa /maple thick/chewy sounding sucker and that's what this sounded like.. For years I've preferred Strat-types with hb's in the bridge and s/c's in the other 2 positions ,as I just 'need' that familiar tone for me. Everyone has different 'goals' tonewise though.

Also my only Telecaster is an 80's US Fender that's just very chunky sounding and I thought this reminded me of that also.

Anyway , I have no idea if I'm agreeing with your post but I think I understand what you meant ! :) (I think lol) I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I don't think his post was out of line at all.. I love certain Jackson tones

Eric

p.s. holy crap the Giants pulled it off.. I had to root for the underdog since my Cowboys did themselves in

Gar B

Platinum Supporting Member
Gary,

Don't know how often you use the non-hrm lead tones - after I adjusted the OD trim pot on the board they got very thick and creamy - I actually mistakenly thought I was playing hrm this morning!

LV, thanks for sharing this. Actually non HRM is all I've been using so far- I like having the gain boosted 2nd lead option. I'm using an ash tele w/ kinmans, and can get pretty smooth lead tones in essentially '80s mode. I haven't been inside my Glasswerks yet, beyond moving the feedback loop tap, so I've never adjusted the HRM stage. Based on the times I've tried HRM, I do need to adjust it to get closer to the classic RF tone.

gb

lv

Silver Supporting Member
I knew you 'd get some strange replies on that one. I actually agree with you in a way a bit. It actually reminded me of my old 78 BC Rich Mockingbird tonewise. That was a Koa /maple thick/chewy sounding sucker and that's what this sounded like.. For years I've preferred Strat-types with hb's in the bridge and s/c's in the other 2 positions ,as I just 'need' that familiar tone for me. Everyone has different 'goals' tonewise though.

Also my only Telecaster is an 80's US Fender that's just very chunky sounding and I thought this reminded me of that also.

Anyway , I have no idea if I'm agreeing with your post but I think I understand what you meant ! :) (I think lol) I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I don't think his post was out of line at all.. I love certain Jackson tones

Eric

p.s. holy crap the Giants pulled it off.. I had to root for the underdog since my Cowboys did themselves in

I've never played a Jackson, but I associate them with 80's metal tones, which is about as far away from the Glaswerks as possible. When you mention thick/chewy sounding, that I agree with :)

lv

Silver Supporting Member
LV, thanks for sharing this. Actually non HRM is all I've been using so far- I like having the gain boosted 2nd lead option. I'm using an ash tele w/ kinmans, and can get pretty smooth lead tones in essentially '80s mode. I haven't been inside my Glasswerks yet, beyond moving the feedback loop tap, so I've never adjusted the HRM stage. Based on the times I've tried HRM, I do need to adjust it to get closer to the classic RF tone.

gb

Gary,

I'd recommend spending a Saturday set up like this - playing, adjusting, playing, adjusting.... :)

secret.jpg

scottl

Actually, I wouldn't.... Put the amp down. There is no reason to have it tipped in this dangerous position.
Gary,

I'd recommend spending a Saturday set up like this - playing, adjusting, playing, adjusting.... :)

secret.jpg

blue_lu

Oh man, this makes me want to own a glaswerks even more...sh*t!
Since this whole EU-RoHS thing is hindering a simple direct order, i was already giving up on the glaswerks subject - and then you post something like this...
just not fair.

at all!

awesome tones btw! :YinYang

Trending Topics

Top Bottom