new glaswerks overdrive clip

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lv, Jan 19, 2008.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

Can't stop recording this baby! Les Paul into the Glaswerks, using the G1265 2x12. I put a Nova Delay in the loop - the Glaswerks loop works extremely well, I can't really hear any change in the tone.

Lots of thick Les Paul neck pickup tone - I dialed the amp for thickness, not really for dumbley tones.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6185880

Thanks to Texsunburst for the BT.

2. jspax7

jspax7 Member

Sustain for days!!

Thanks for the clips, as always Lou.

These Dumbley amps can get a wide variety of tones. I know a local guy with a Glaswerks, and your clips remind me that I need to hear one of these amps.

3. Secret Ingredient

Secret Ingredient Member

4. MrDoty

MrDoty Member

dude those low notes sound freakin awesome. I cant point my finger on anything but man they have this monsterous "voice" about them. I think id go a little brighter on the settings but that amp sounds really really good.

5. lv

lv Supporting Member

Thanks. The low notes do have this kind of pop/compression to them that makes them jump out, but not sound too strong. I did dial it up a bit dark, the tones were more balanced in the room....I need to get a better microphone.

6. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

That sounds GREAT Lou! :dude Very sweet! Sounds like a close mic now, is it?

7. lv

lv Supporting Member

Thanks Tag. Still used the built in mics, but I did move them closer to the amp. I need to get a new mic so I can do some close-mic'ing.