New Godin

BigRalphN

Well, I have a new guitar. And I must bow to those who said I would like a Godin better than my Agile. I traded a used Solidac that i picked up from a friend last week, and absolutely loved, for an xtSa in transparent Black. I got what I feel was a pretty good deal on it. They gave me more in trade for the Solidac than I spent for it and it was in ok shape but had a few dings and such. So, the Starfire in on ebay now and I will be selling my Agile LP or my PRS Santana SE (depending on which my boy wants to use). My wife has been begging me to cut down and get our room back that stores our gear. I must concur as I am far from a pro and I only used two guitars. So I am going to cut down to the xtSA (which has awesome acoustic tone by the way..bah on the high priced Taylor T5) and my Carvin Cobalt. If I need a backup electric at anytime I can use my sons temporarily. SO I am thinking about selling some stomps ( a Roland Synth (Godin is set up for it). ANyway here is a pic of the axe from their website. These things are awesome. It is the best feeling and playing guitar I have ever tried. The necks on these things are like custom shops. Perfect workmanship. The acoustic sound is awesome. It sounds better than my bandmates Yamaha. The onboard eq for the acoustic is decent, but when I ran it through the new Behringer Acoustic DI the acoustic side was super realistic and rich. This is the exact color. It is transparent black with a flame top that makes it brownish in appearance. Very cool.

Or go here for a larger picture !

A good description can be had HERE!

jtg116

Too Many Guitars, Too Little Time
Really good guitars and way ahead in bang for the buck range. My LGXT is probably my hottest guitar electronics wise and tracking with the RMC is faster than I am.
Good luck with the guitar!

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I agree that Godin's are bang for the buck winners. Every one I've played had been outstanding.

That's it, I'm convinced, I'm finally gonna break down and buy an LG.

BigRalphN

Originally posted by cvansickle
I agree that Godin's are bang for the buck winners. Every one I've played had been outstanding.

That's it, I'm convinced, I'm finally gonna break down and buy an LG.
Is that the one with the P 90's? They had one of those where I got mine. It was very nice. Sounded great. Why is it, other than their Seagull acoustics, outside of Canada most people either have never heard of them or have never tried one.

Good luck with your new guitar. I'm a fan of the Godin line. I
don't have a solidbody electric but I use their A6 and A12
acoustic/electric guitars for recording on a very frequent basis.
Both are great playing and sounding instruments which
now seem to have unfortunately been discontinued. Through a
good instument pre (Millennia) I've been able to get sounds
out of the A6 & A12 that rival the sounds I get out of guitars
in the 3 to 7 thousand dollar range being recorded through
multi thousand dollar microphones.

The best bang for the buck I've ever found.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by BigRalphN
Is that the one with the P 90's? They had one of those where I got mine. It was very nice. Sounded great. Why is it, other than their Seagull acoustics, outside of Canada most people either have never heard of them or have never tried one.
Yah, it's the P90 guitar. Plays like Buttah!

BigRalphN

My only fear is that Godin will cheapen their line to keep Musicians Friend Stocked. I pray this is not the case. There stuff can be ahrd to find at times in the US. They take their time and make quality instruments. Stores get a batch in and then it takes awhile to get more. I knw a lot of shope around here are down to one or two of them now. You really have to search to find the one you want

tms13pin

Gold Supporting Member
Well, Godin has a very wide line of instruments. They've been
catering to the entry market for some time, and are very big
in Canada (for obvious reasons!). They have a manufacturing
plant in NH too were some of the axes are put together. So I
don't they need to "cheapen" their line, they've already got
a whole line of entry level axes. They make guitars for other
cheaper "off brands" too, like Samick does.

I've owned 3 Godins (LGX-T, Jazz Multiac, and Nylon ACS-slim).
All excellent guitars. I'm down to the LGX-T now. The two
Multiacs just didn't get the use they deserved, but not from
any lack of quality.

Great bang for the buck.

BigRalphN, your location says Western, PA? Where abouts?
I'm in Pittsburgh (Allison Park area).

--Tom

tmihm

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by BigRalphN
I am just a few miles North of you. I am 3 miles outside of Butler.
And I'm right in-between....in Gibsonia :)

BigRalphN

Originally posted by tms13pin
Well, Godin has a very wide line of instruments. They've been
catering to the entry market for some time, and are very big
in Canada (for obvious reasons!). They have a manufacturing
plant in NH too were some of the axes are put together. So I
don't they need to "cheapen" their line, they've already got
a whole line of entry level axes. They make guitars for other
cheaper "off brands" too, like Samick does.

I've owned 3 Godins (LGX-T, Jazz Multiac, and Nylon ACS-slim).
All excellent guitars. I'm down to the LGX-T now. The two
Multiacs just didn't get the use they deserved, but not from
any lack of quality.

Great bang for the buck.

BigRalphN, your location says Western, PA? Where abouts?
I'm in Pittsburgh (Allison Park area).

--Tom
I imagine the New Hampshire plant was to save on some of the fees and problems related to customs. Great guitars.

Josef

I have a solidac and an LGT one (the solidac) has a glued on headstock as shown in the ebay ad above and the LGT has a solid on peice neck

both great guitars

BigRalphN

Actually mine is like that, though not nearly as noticeable. I was think more along the lines of the way Starfires and some other Guilds had two piece necks. I really dooubt that there would ever be any problem with that. Sometimes joints like that are actually stronger than solid wood. I would be almost lay odds they did that to make the neck stronger with the angle of the headstock.

tms13pin

Gold Supporting Member
Much as I love my LGX-T, I'm considering selling it. If I decide to
keep it, I'll probably put the Rio Grande P90 bucker sized pups
I just bought into it. It's not doing enough different for me
right now than some other axes I have, even though it's a
terrific guitar.

--Tom

mrbluetone

I had to replace my tuners and I put in new dimarrzio pickups and added some out of phase switches...and my Godin does rock now!

Josef

mrbluetone

I have an LGT that I am adding phase switches and new pups to, but not sure which pups to get,

What kind of sounds do you get out of that humbucker?

Trending Topics