new Greta Van Fleet

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
It's hilarious that members here rag on GFV so hard for being unoriginal when comparing them to Zep. it's not like Zep did anything terribly original either, they just repackaged the groovy old stuff to a hip new crowd.

If you want something else new that rocks, check out Starcrawler. Probably isn't terribly original either but they do rock pretty well.

Bigsby

I don't think these guys are for elder rock fans who can't help but compare them to favorites from their youth. They're for people in their late teens and early 20s who like the sounds of classic rock and want some groups of their own to be excited about. I'm sure zeppelin and their ilk pissed off the middle aged original rocker dudes who were young in the 50s. "This ain't real rock'n roll!" etc.

M

Member 199413

It's hilarious that members here rag on GFV so hard for being unoriginal when comparing them to Zep. it's not like Zep did anything terribly original either, they just repackaged the groovy old stuff to a hip new crowd.

If you want something else new that rocks, check out Starcrawler. Probably isn't terribly original either but they do rock pretty well.

I think you meant to post this over here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...-ugly-people-were-allowed-to-make-it.2192948/
You could shut that sucker down.

I like the video, it's funny and deliciously low budget like the Georgia Satellites videos. Lyrics are meh, but they certainly do rock. Thanks for posting it.

I don't think these guys are for elder rock fans who can't help but compare them to favorites from their youth. They're for people in their late teens and early 20s who like the sounds of classic rock and want some groups of their own to be excited about. I'm sure zeppelin and their ilk pissed off the middle aged original rocker dudes who were young in the 50s. "This ain't real rock'n roll!" etc.
I suspect you are correct. "Man, wouldn't that be great if they didn't all look like Grandpa?" Well, here you go young fella.

dcbc

I really want them to succeed. But they'll need better songs lyrics than this to do it.
The arrangements and vocals aren't bad. And maybe I can understand him too easily and don't enjoy what he has to sing about. But the instrumentation has balls, but the songs don't, and that's all I've got in the advice column.

RhinestoneStrat

Ha, new band for me, and I am digging them. See, his voice is high but it doesn't have the nasal whiny that I get from GVF's singer.

The new GVF didn't really grab me but I'm not a hater. I'm glad they're out there doing it and I look forward to seeing how they grow.

What did you all think about that solo? I thought it started off fine but got really clunky. Not sure what he was going for there.
Right on...glad you are digging Crown Lands. Their influences are obviously Led Zep, Rush and The White Stripes. They are a Canadian band...GVF are from the U.S. of A and Led Zep from thee U.K. Now we need one more Led Zep group from Mexico or Uganda. BTW...which solo were you talking about...the ones I posted? Thanks. :aok

skovach623

Silver Supporting Member
Don’t like new song and just can’t get into these guys because of their lead singer. It’s too bad because I think the rest of the band is decent. Would do themselves good to lose the Robert Plant copycat singer.

NotTheArrow

Damn, she needs a hamburger. Seriously. If someone around her doesn’t get her help. Damn.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
Damn, she needs a hamburger. Seriously. If someone around her doesn’t get her help. Damn.
Not every girl who's skinny has an eating disorder. There are enough that just have ridiculous metabolisms. It's been brought up in pretty much every interview and story about the band.

White Limo

I mean, kudos to them for their success, but even amongst their supporters, we're getting some pretty lukewarm "They're not the WORST band" vibes.

It's OK if a popular band kinda stinks guys. Not the first time.

jeff_lebowski

Im glad folks younger than I have these dudes to look at in the mainstream.

I grew up listening to stuff like this and loved it, I just dont really enjoy classic rock sounds and songs. Rocknroll is kinda boring.

:hide

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
I dig GVF. The second listen is making it catchy. Lyrics are a let down. They can do better.
But it has a feel-good vibe, wouldn't kick it of my motorcycle radio or record player.

Trending Topics