New guitar clip (metal)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Koreldyre, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Koreldyre

Koreldyre Member

2. anyone

anyone Member

Cool stuff! I can hear the Rudess and Petrucci influence coming through.
    Nice tight and chunky Pitbull tones too. (Please tell me I'm right... Ultralead?)
    Cool list of influences too! (no Radiohead???) You certainly give credit.
    I'm really diggin' "The Elven City" too but fear it will awake the Tolkien nerd in me...
    Dang, I think you might be one of those over-achievers I've heard about...

3. Koreldyre

Koreldyre Member

good guess :)

yes all the guitar tones are all the VHT UltraLead, same guitar too for that matter

You know, I've always wanted to check out Radiohead OK Computer but I've never gotten around to it. I keep hearing it's a classic for prog fans.

thanks for checking it out!

4. anyone

anyone Member

Ah... UltraLead. Feels good to be right (hah!).

It's definitely worth checking OK Computer, The Bends, and even Kid A.
    I think Dustin Kensrue even said he pulled some ideas from Kid A for Vehiessu (which is definitely my favorite album right now, on all levels...).

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Radiohead are really deep into some new sounds... I'm not sure if they directly influenced my clip I posted most recently, but I wouldn't put it past them... :)

I had "Pablo Honey" for a while and when the first single from "The Bends" ("Fake Plastic Trees") came out, I immediately bought the record. I've been a loyal fan ever since, each album has gotten better (to my tastes)... "Hail To The Thief" is quite possibly their best (at least coming from an indoctrinated listener). The Bends is definitely a classic, but I like every album they've put out. Their maturation has definitely been fun to observe as well.

I saw them at Bonnaroo this summer, it was great. They really strive to recreate the records in the show, which you really can't fault given the material they are recreating- it gets very intense. Great show, great songs, great band. +1.

6. Koreldyre

Koreldyre Member

haha, nice pic on "Mad Analog Synth Guy"