New guitar day. End of the most hardcore GAS attack in my life.

thefyn

I made the huge mistake of playing it when I dropped off an amp return at Guitar Center yesterday. So ugly. Played so perfect, flawless and the notes jumped off the fretboard.

Cue 12 hours thinking about it, then 12 hours selling lots of gear I love to mentally justify it since I was done with buying guitars etc. Then a frantic call to GC to hold it when they opened at 10am...8 hours of sweats in work and Facebook meltdowns due to acute full blown GAS.

Ritz Neptune is home...Mother and baby doing well.

Also, found the trem arm in the case.

GATTACA!!!!!

pattste

Silver Supporting Member
First time I hear about these guitars. I had to google them and read the entry on wikipedia. This is quite the find, very rare, distinctive and high-quality instrument. Congratulations!

SlumFrog

Never heard of Ritz, but I like that guitar a lot! Interesting finish, Im sure it looks even better in person.

What kind of bridge is on there?

thefyn

Never heard of Ritz, but I like that guitar a lot! Interesting finish, Im sure it looks even better in person.

What kind of bridge is on there?

It's a Kahler "Spyder" trem. When I tried it out, I used my hand to force dives, upward screams etc and it stayed in tune fine. I have not attached the bar and given it the Slayer treatment yet.

About the trem: It is really comfy and more solid feeling than my German Floyd or Gotoh. BUT: Live it may be an issue because the fine tuners can be turned easy if you do a Townsend etc as they are prominent and the vol knob is pretty close so for people who are more animated on stage you do run the risk of turning fine tuners and vol pot as you throw your shapes, haha.

But this is going to be babied in my project studio.

thefyn

First time I hear about these guitars. I had to google them and read the entry on wikipedia. This is quite the find, very rare, distinctive and high-quality instrument. Congratulations!
Yep. Sounds like there are only around 25 of my model with the cracked sea shell finish, and perhaps only one with the one hum config because I can not find a pic of another.

thefyn

Awesome, never heard of those before, thanks for posting!
:dude

This guitar has hardly been played. There is no fret wear at all. Not the slightest dent. Or perhaps the frets are stainless steel etc?

I am wondering what pickup is in it. I love it. Not super tight in the low end, but it has a great spectrum when you can play distorted funky chords and all the strings ring out.

The timing could not be better. I have the final peice of my gear puzzle arriving in a few days (framus cobra) before I start recording my second album.

It's one of those guitars that you can tell a screwdriver has not chewed up any of the screws. It was made, played a little then put in a case. Waiting for me a quarter of a century later.

It looks like a love hate guitar. I laughed when I saw it...Then told the wife how ugly it was etc. When I brought it home and showed her, she squealed and started taking pics.

thefyn

Awesome! That's a very cool find, congrats and happy NGD.
Thanks. I have a nice 3 day weekend to play Shelly. I may even crack out my big boys camera to take some pics in the sun. Most online pics of these guitars are pretty crappy.

thefyn

Here is a retro clip I did:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/tock-1/ritz-distortedish-clean-with[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Its a bassman style amp (Blackstar Artisan 100) and hardwire supernatural and rotary pedal. Mono.

I'll be doing some metalz clips tomorrow.

Trending Topics