New guitar day: Gibson LP R0 Washed Cherry

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bluessyndicate, Nov 24, 2008.

1. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

It's been a long journey...after much research had a GC G0 in Lemonburst for a month but returned it for several reasons...great guitar, especially for the money. I negotiated pretty well, and got it for $2700 out the door, in the end of July this year, after the Bain transaction had taken place.

Decided to consider splurging on an R0. Scoured the web for months, did not find anything that spoke to me (all the usual websites).

Considered going back to GC to get a new G0 in darkburst, since they don't seem to have many lemonbursts. Took my original receipt, and they would not give me the same deal..but with the receipt they did go to their 10% limit immediately with out further haggle...so that would have been $2922 out the door. Decided to move to my alternate plan I had set up. A Gibson R0 in washed cherry for 53% of list. Bam, done...lot's of money, and perhaps foolish, but I'm happy. Thank god I can move past this chapter on to my next GAS episode.

This is kind of a big deal for me, I'm more of an amp flipper, new guitars don't come my way often...pretty fun/inspiring. Between this guitar and my Fender Strat Ultra, I'm feeling pretty content (at this particular moment in time....). Might even let my Warmoth strat go....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. Trego

Trego Member

looks nice, I wish I knew more about Gibby's but I just don't.

sounds like you got a great deal with the 53% off MSRP.

I hope you love it!!!

3. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

Thnx Trego.

To all...has anyone taken an R0 or other RX, and had the nut replaced with bone?

4. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

congrats, my R0 is one of my fav gibbies

Those GC RO are good values, but you have to play a bunch of them, I've played a few that were outstanding, and a few that were dogs too.

The new ones with bumblebee caps and plexed neck are very good values

a friend of mine snagged one with actually nice figure on it( they are suppose to plain tops) and paid a great price.

I just like the balance and neck on the R0s

5. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Beautiful guitar right there - congrats :)

6. buckwild

buckwild Silver Supporting Member

nice R0, you got a good deal on that baby

7. Blue Fin

Blue Fin Member

Nice...it looks like mine.

[​IMG]