• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Guitar Day: Gibson SG Goddess (Violet/Purple)

Trego

It'd be worthless without pictures, so let's start it off with 'em!

It needs a good setup, but that's what I expected getting a guitar shipped durring the winter. This also my first time owning a Gibson guitar, an SG, or any guitar with a scale length shorter than 25". I figured it would be easier for me because I have smallish hands, and it really is a very comfortable guitar. I understand why Gibson stopped making this guitar from a visual perspective, but there is absolutely nothing subpar about this instrument.

In many ways, this guitar is a hybrid between the SG Standard and the SG '61 Reissue. For me this guitar is better than both. It has the 60's neck profile, which the Standard does not. It's also cheaper than the '61 Reissue, so that's better too! I cannot imagine there will be much middle ground with this color, I'd imagine you'd love it or hate it. I remember when they came out I thought they looked dumb, and for some reason I love them now. I'd love to get one of the Les Paul Goddess models.

I believe these guitars were made from 2005 to 2007. Not sure which year this particular guitar was made, but I'll look up the serial number information later. FedEx shipped it fast and safe. The box wasn't messed up or anything. I chalk this one up as yet another very positive eBay experience.

I definitely miss the G&L ASAT Bluesboy I sold to buy this one, but I always miss the guitars I sell.

Last edited:

Trego

P.S. - I'm looking for a white pearloid pickguard for this one, in case you have one lying around!

Austinrocks

fantastic guitar, thanks for the great pictures

:love::drool:love:

sorry could not make up my mind so I went with both, just don't let me near your guitar

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
That guitar is BEAUTIFUL. The purple Gibson logo is a nice touch and I love the wrap tailpiece.

LocustXReign

dude, great looking guitar!

Were it mine, considering that it's got the full sized guard to hide the routes, and a wrap-tail already, I'd throw some p-90s in place of those stock pickups.

-DB

Thor

Gotta agree with the weird PUPS - unless they sound perfect, I'd swap 'em. Otherwise, I REALLY dig that guitar. The purple burst is great and love the matching purple headstock logo. I like the black guard, but I would be curious to see what it looked like with a MOT guard.

Enjoy it in the best of health!

-Edward

Trego

Gotta agree with the weird PUPS - unless they sound perfect, I'd swap 'em. Otherwise, I REALLY dig that guitar. The purple burst is great and love the matching purple headstock logo. I like the black guard, but I would be curious to see what it looked like with a MOT guard.

Enjoy it in the best of health!

-Edward
MOT = Mother of Toilietseat?

CitizenCain

I believe the pickups are a set of tarted up 490R/498T. I never checked out the SG Goddess much before, but that guitar rules! I've come close buying the LP version a couple of times, espcially the cheaper Vixen version.

Congrats!

ratkent

P.S. - I'm looking for a white pearloid pickguard for this one, in case you have one lying around!
I have a perloid SG pickgaurd in a drawer somewhere but I don't konw if it will work for you. PM me if you are still looking.

Here's what it looked like when it was on my SG Standard.

Trego

I have a perloid SG pickgaurd in a drawer somewhere but I don't konw if it will work for you. PM me if you are still looking.

Here's what it looked like when it was on my SG Standard.
Is that white pearl or creme?

I'd be interested if it is white.

ratkent

It's hard to say. I've seen whiter and I've seen creamier. It made the cream binding on my SG look darker but I wouldn't say it was super white. If you look closely you see that it's not as white as the inlays but it's darker than the binding. The lighting makes it big difference since it's pearly. I had it done by WD Products a few years back.

They aren't cheap so I can just send you this one and you can see if it will work for you. You can send it back if you don't want it. PM me if interested.

Here are some more photos.

5E3

That is about the most attractive purple guitar I have ever seen. Congrats! :AOK

Trending Topics