• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Guitar Day: Peavey Wolfgang

googoobaby

I stopped by Guitar Center, mostly looking for a new Telecaster when I saw a used hardtail Wolfgang in their sale pile. I'd picked them up before, but never plugged one in. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed playing it and after a little thought went back today and bought it at a good price.

The feel is outstanding on it, and though I'm usually a clean single-coil player, really enjoy the dynamics and harmonics of the pickups. I played it tonight through my Swart AST and the tone was just so rock-and-roll in the best possible way. No pedals needed, just guitar into amp.

straycat113

I was shocked first time I played one also. Funny it was a stoptail model also. Now the only guitars in my herd of Fenders just love them.

clmazza

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats on a very fine purchase! I have three stoptail versions and they are simply outstanding. They're getting harder to find so snatch them up while you can!

If you don't mind me asking... how much did they let it go for?

PICS! :)

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
Great guitars.....I had an arch top goltop with the floyd/ D- tuna for a while, and it was a really, really nice guitar. One of those "I wish I still had it" deals. Enjoy your new Wolfgang!

Steve_2020

I stopped by Guitar Center, mostly looking for a new Telecaster when I saw a used hardtail Wolfgang in their sale pile. I'd picked them up before, but never plugged one in. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed playing it and after a little thought went back today and bought it at a good price.

The feel is outstanding on it, and though I'm usually a clean single-coil player, really enjoy the dynamics and harmonics of the pickups. I played it tonight through my Swart AST and the tone was just so rock-and-roll in the best possible way. No pedals needed, just guitar into amp.
Congrats on the guitar!

Similar thing happened to me. Played one then bought one.

I'm not the typical wolfie/shreddy (or Eddie) player the guitar was designed for. I play blues rock, but happened to play a Wolfgang last year. It felt great, sounded great. Great feel and pups, as you say.

Lose the floyd (no decision about that on your stop tail:)_ and it's simply a fine sounding, fine playing versatile guitar.

After demoing a new one, I found a used American woflie special locally. A non player had it because he was such a big Eddie fan. It needed work, so I got it dirt cheap had it set up, the floyd blocked and just love playing it. Only minus is I don't need or use the floyd and it's definitely a part of what my guitar is all about.

When the right Wolfgang hardtail comes along at the right price, I won't hesitate.

Have fun!

Trending Topics