• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

New Guitar Day (Vintage Junior Content!)

King Loudness

EDIT: Video clip post #23 :)

New Guitar Day -- played and well loved '59 Jnr. Here in Canada where I am, out east, good vintage guitars really aren't that common. A good buddy of mine bought this locally two years ago and was very gracious enough to sell it to me this morning. I have been actively looking for several months, and sold several nice guitars (including a refin '63 SG Standard, '74 LP Custom, a couple 2019 Gibsons, and more in between) to help facilitate it. I've wanted an old Junior since seeing Johnny Thunders play one on a TV programme when I was 7. I have had tonnes of reissues and good copies, but once I played this '59, I knew there was only one way to go.

I will be posting new clips of this very soon on my YouTube page. The guitar is all original as far as I know, except for a Mojoaxe bridge.

W.

Last edited:

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Double Platinum Member
Looking good! I thought your new guitar may have been the Strat in your last YT vid. This should be fun to watch in action. Enjoy that thing! :rockin

King Loudness

Looking good! I thought your new guitar may have been the Strat in your last YT vid. This should be fun to watch in action. Enjoy that thing! :rockin
Thanks! That guitar is my Danocaster Strat which I bought a couple years ago. Can't recall if I replied on YouTube or not. Appreciate y'all watching, and for the kind words.

W.

crashbelt

Great guitar - love those 50s Juniors.

I have the Mojoaxe compensated wraparound TP on mine and they do give that little bit of intonation improvement - nice simple effective bit of kit, you see a lot of them in use. Yours looks a bit shiny compared with the age and wear of everything else. Assuming its nickel, I'd be inclined to age it a bit to look more in keeping. There are online tutorials on various methods if you feel confident.

King Loudness

Great guitar - love those 50s Juniors.

I have the Mojoaxe compensated wraparound TP on mine and they do give that little bit of intonation improvement - nice simple effective bit of kit, you see a lot of them in use. Yours looks a bit shiny compared with the age and wear of everything else. Assuming its nickel, I'd be inclined to age it a bit to look more in keeping. There are online tutorials on various methods if you feel confident.
Thanks! I am going to take the wait and see approach for the moment -- Dan Strain at Danocaster affectionately refers to me as "Edward Acidhands" so I'm sure the bridge will be "aged" in not much time with the amount of hours this ax will get.

W.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Dude, you're STOKED!

LP Juniors, in my opinion, are fairly unique in the vintage world because of their high average quality.

Of all the vintage guitars I've played, LP Juniors are pretty uniquely great sounding and playing. I've played ones I liked better and one's I've liked less, but since playing my first one in '71, I've never played a bad LP Junior that was stock - not one. Double or single cut.

Some older vintage Teles, Strats, even some Les Pauls and hollow bodies can just sound and play only OK, but I've never played or heard a stock LP Junior that failed to deliver!

You're STOKED!

Congrats, play it in good health, Dana O.

Trending Topics