New guitar day! Willcutt praise

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by voodoochile, Mar 31, 2013.

1. voodoochile

voodoochile Member

Is anything so nice as new guitar day? Had Friday off, and the UPS man was nice enough to have me early on his route- I had my new PRS Santana in hand by 10am...

Just a plug for Willcutt Guitars. Eric was super helpful, really knows guitars, and was super responsive. they actually did not have what I was looking for in stock, and he happened to have a business tirp scheduled to go to PRS. He gave me his cell #, and was great enough to keep an eye out for exactly what I was looking for, then secure it for me. Seriously... top notch. The guitar sounds and looks amazing- I had been wanting/looking for one in whale blue for well over a year or two and never quite found it until now.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

I love Santana's and yours is stunning! Eric is as good as they come and truly gives a damn, is my go-to gear guy, and I consider him a good friend.

Enjoy that beauty!

3. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

That's gorgeous. I've never seen a blue one.

I find it odd PRS don't offer more variations on the double cut. It's certainly easy on the eye.

Congrats!

4. voodoochile

voodoochile Member

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, the whale blue is a new color available this year. I used to have a Santana yellow one... One of the limited 200 run with the entire neck made of Brazilian rosewood... But I sold it. Idiot.

Anyway, I have always wanted a blue one, so I was very happy to hear that the added that color to the line up.

5. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Hey, that was your word! :D But since you mentioned it, my Brazzy Santana #153, also in Santana yellow, is one of my prized possessions and is definitely in my permanent collection. A truly amazing guitar on all fronts. That said, I've gotta believe that with Eric hand picking that one, it'll fill the void quite well!

6. voodoochile

voodoochile Member

oh yeah, the playability is just ridiculous on both the Brazzy one as well as this new one. Yes, please do keep that guitar, I have regretted selling mine at least a few hundred times.
    The fit and finish on my new one is exceptional, and guaranteed... she will be staying around for a very long long time.

7. bettset

bettset Member

i've bought a few prs' from willcutt. great store to buy from :munch

8. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Member

Eric and Brandon are top notch. Willcutt's is a great place to do business with. Nice Santana! Congrats!