• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Guitar Day

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Well, not exactly new. 2002 PRS Brazilian Singlecut. Bought here off of member Gnash about a month ago.

I really wasn't in the market for any guitars. Apparently I showed an interest in this when it was for sale a year or two back. The seller recently reached out to me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

So far the guitar is nice. It's needs a set-up but I managed to get it to play half way decent. The wide fat is a little smaller than I'm used to but no problem. It really is a nice guitar that I plan on doing a makeover on. I got it a big discount rate due to a clear coat issue. The seller made it sound a lot worse than it is. Basically the guitar is flawless except for a cloudiness or almost a pearl like effect in the clear coat.(which doesn't affect anything)

It's a perfect blank canvas for a cool paint job. The top is pretty spectacular compared to most Brazilian Singlecuts. I just don't know what to paint it. I'm a traditionalist that loves basic sunbursts and warm colors like a vintage Les Paul. Something inside says to do a crazy Private Stock type finish, but my own version that has never been done before. We'll see.

The only downsize to the guitar is the weight. I don't know what it weighs but it feels like a ton. I can deal with a 10 pound guitar but I will say my shoulder hurts after I play this even for a short while.

So far enjoying what it brings to the table.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Are those big brass bridge screws?? beautiful guitar BTW
Actually the guitar came with the stock wrapover (not the one in the pic) and studs which are nickel over steel, brass?

slider

Seems a crime to paint over grain that nice, but have fun.

Wait, your name is paintguy, so...

sergiodeblanc

Bangin'!
I hear what you're sayin' being a "blank canvas", I've been keeping an eye for a natural PRS to do the whole Tri-color treatment on. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Nice guitar Larry. Looking forward to see what it looks like when you get done with it. :)
Me too.:)

Bangin'!
I hear what you're sayin' being a "blank canvas", I've been keeping an eye for a natural PRS to do the whole Tri-color treatment on. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
Thanks brother!

Very nice. Love the flame job. Just wish it had some color.
Oh it will get some color for sure. :)

Seems a crime to paint over grain that nice, but have fun.

Wait, your name is paintguy, so...
Don't plan on covering the grain, only coloring it a bit. :)

Trending Topics