New Guitar EBMM Majesty Related - Dumbish Question

toddincharlotte

Silver Supporting Member
I'm in the process of buying an EBMM Majesty. I auditioned one twice at Sam Ash and absolutely fell in love but couldn't afford their $2905 price tag so I shopped around and found 2 very close to 2k and I need help deciding between the two.
Also, some quick background: I lead modern worship at a church and play lead guitar. I'm also putting together a pink floyd tribute project over the next two years. I have a separate guitar for that but could end up using the Majesty if the coil tap works well enough. Additionally, I have a stable of low-midgrade guitars and keep one higher end guitar in my stash. I have been through several PRSs and most recently a 1998 Les Paul. I didn't bond with any of the PRSs, all played well but I just didn't bond with their tones and didn't want to replace the pickups [though I've done that on my mid-priced models]. I have bonded with other PRSs in music stores. The Gibby stayed for a year and a half. Loved the tone but discovered I really needed a two-tone guitar in what I do, switching from piezo to mags. My Schecter C-1 E/A with JB/59 works well for this and became my primary instrument with the Gibby collecting dust. Forced with the decision of having 2k tied up in an instrument I didn't play I sold it and auditioned several two-tones and decided on the Majesty.

So, 2k is probably 60% of my total guitar budget which is why I'm trying to get a few opinions.

EBMM 1 - 2015 in Arctic Dream [+$300 upgrade]. Seller claims it's new, won in "contest" and ships with transferable warranty. Wants to do the deal direct to save $ on both our ends. I've received some lower-res cell phone pics. Feeling a bit sketchy. PayPal gifted and he returned saying they were going to take fees. No reason not to trust him, would do some sort of bank transfer [non-wire].

EBMM 2 - Brand New in Copper Fire. Roughly same price. Sold by reputable dealer. Regular way Visa transaction

I actually kind of lean toward the second because I dig the color a little more but feeling like I'd be giving up $300 of value on the first guitar.

I know this is kind of stupid post because we're basically talking about the same guitar but the sellers are different, condition MAY be different and obviously there is a color/value difference.

This would be the first guitar >$300 that I've purchased new.

66fs

Since you asked.... I'd definitely go with #2. Number one sounds a little fishy to me. Contest win? Low res cell phone pictures? Attempted paypal gift? Number 2 has a color you like more, real dealer, Visa payment protection. Just my 2 cents worth....

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Since you asked.... I'd definitely go with #2. Number one sounds a little fishy to me. Contest win? Low res cell phone pictures? Attempted paypal gift? Number 2 has a color you like more, real dealer, Visa payment protection. Just my 2 cents worth....
What he said.

toddincharlotte

Silver Supporting Member
Allright. I agree....just needed someone else to confirm. I always hesitate at buying new because I'm kind of picky and have had some I LOVED auditioning only to get them home and find 6 months later they weren't what I needed.....I guess my downside is in the 200-300 range if I decided I needed to get rid of it.

Having said that....I really really love the guitar and think it will find a permanent place.

Copper Fire it is!.....thanks guys.

drewbledsoe

#2. You are going to love the Majesty and I predict it'll become your number 1 P&W guitar in no time at all. Not only is it ridiculously comfortable to play for extended periods of time but it's so versatile tone wise. The piezo sounds great alone but even better when blended with the regular pickups. I've been playing mine non-stop since I got it a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had a single urge to pick up any of my other guitars.

Megatron

I use a JPX (GC Exclusive) for P&W these days. Great guitar and incredibly versatile. I use the bridge sc for most of that stuff. Have used the piezo a few times as well. I play in other contexts most of the time but it works perfect for this setting. I run it through an AXE FX II direct.

Trending Topics