• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Traditional =)

5E3

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! :AOK

Should keep you busy on those long, dark, Alaskan winter nights :)

keith_t4e

Mine is in desert burst. I love it. The nut wasn't as smooth and is a tad sharp on one end, but that is the only problem I found with it. Pretty good for a Gibson. Of the LP in production today, the Traditional is the one I like the most.

TanquerayCowboy

Thanks for posting that. I have trouble figuring out how the various bursts really look (they all look the same in the catalogs). I was considering the goldtop, but that is one very nice guitar.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on a sweet Traditional!

I'm still waiting for my new Traditional Gold Top to arrive............great LP's.

bluesrules

Ok looks great but I'm wondering how the Classic '57/Classic Plus sound compared to other Paul's? Sweeter Low output? clarity? PLEASE

TBIRD Phil

Great buy! I recently picked up a desert burst and its a killer axe!
I played both standard and traditional. The traditional had a fuller sound than the standard, all the new features on the 08 standard didn't really live up to the traditional.

4nkam

Ok looks great but I'm wondering how the Classic '57/Classic Plus sound compared to other Paul's? Sweeter Low output? clarity? PLEASE
I can't really compare em but I think they sound/feel very nice. Really warm and responsive, the pots too. They drip with low output mojo but can do heavier/modern stuff fine too.

some more pix...

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned a bunch of LPs and the Traditional is the one that really captures what an LP really should sound like. I thought the burstbucker pros were too bassy and muddy, burstbucker 1 and 2 were decent, but not quite there, same with the 490/498, not quite as sweet. But when you play the Traditional with the 57s, all those great classic old school LP tones come jumping out. Sounds just like it's supposed to.

Trending Topics