New Guitar Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by FourT6and2, Feb 14, 2008.

1. FourT6and2

FourT6and2 Member

EDIT: SCROLL DOWN FOR PICTURES!

I returned to my office, today, after work to find the Singlecut Artist I bought on eBay about two weeks ago. It was just sitting on my desk.

It came all the way from California (I'm in Japan) in one piece. The box had some small wrinkles in it where it probably got squished and the case has a long, but mostly cosmetic, scratch in it.

I opened the case and the guitar was in great condition. It looks like it came straight from the factory!

I should say that it was shipped via USPS (Express Mail International) and got here in about 7-8 days.

It's a 2007 PRS Singlecut Artist Package in grey/black quilt with Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay.

The Paua inlays are beautiful and contrast incredibly well with the dark finish and gold hardware.

The Brazilian board doesn't have that much figuring in it, but it has a nice red/brown/black grain that is quite mellow and sort of glows on its own!

I really lucked out with this thing (especially finding it on eBay).

This guitar brings back lots of memories for me because I (by luck) found a Custom 22 grey/black quilt in a local store on consignment when I had graduated from high school. I sold it in college to pay some bills, however.

So, this guitar is like a nice reunion. Only, it's twice the guitar my old one was.

The only thing I don't like about it are the vintage style tuners. They feel cheap in my hand and they don't turn that smoothly. I'd rather have the Winged tuners, Phase II's, or Gotoh Delta 510's. But, none of those will fit on the guitar without redrilling the mounint screw holes.

If anybody knows where I can get replacement tuners that will replace the vintage style ones without redrilling, please let me know.

Ok, enough chit-chat. I'll post some pictures when I get home, later tonight.

2. bynt

bynt Member

NICE!!!! Congratulations!!! Wow, all the way to Japan with no horror, THAT'S cool!!!

3. FourT6and2

FourT6and2 Member

Yeah, I was really worried about it getting damaged. Especially so, with all the nightmare threads floating around lately.

4. FourT6and2

FourT6and2 Member

Here we go (sorry about any pixelation - linked from Facebook):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

THAT IS SUWEET!! Do you gig at all in Japan?

6. FourT6and2

FourT6and2 Member

No. Sadly, I don't.

But, I'll be returning to the US in August.