new guitar OR new amp?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I'm gassing bigtime. I've sold some guitars in preparation for buying a new amp. I have one that actually sounds pretty nice, especially with some new pedals I've aquired but it's not the perfect amp.
That being said, there are a few guitars I'm casually eyeing up and they seem like they might be had for such ridiculously low prices (imho) that it seems crazy to NOT to get one.
The amp I'm considering could most likely wait (build to order, so I'd have to save up and order it later on) while the guitar(s) are on ebay so I'm just watching the bidding - but when they're gone, they're gone.
The guitar is a traditional T style and I actually have a partscaster T, but it will never be close to this quality construction, fit and finish. I think a true T style would round out my small collection nicely.
Of course, this could all be moot if the bidding gets crazy.
Thoughts?

rick13

You watch e-bay and agonize over that one in a million, rare guitar since you are deeply afraid that it will no longer be available....ever,ever again. You buy it, and then quickly find something even better....but you spent all of your cash!! It's a sickness I tell you.... take a deep breath, put down the mouse and realize that the train does come by more than once.
Rick

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Well, what's your current gear situation?

Honestly, I could stop buying gear today and be fine for home playing / home studio / jamming / and even gigging (if I ever start again which I WOULD like to do some day). But, out of all my gear the amp (while perfectly fine) is the weakest link.
BUT, me thinks the T partscaster is not going to cut it or compare to the level of my other #1's and the guitars I am eyeing up would, most definitely.
I'm actually looking at an entire line up of the model I've been after, it's almost like there is some type of glut of this model so they seem to be going for less than normal. Either that or the impending recession has everyone selling off gear.

Mark C

My .02. First buy what you need to make good music. Once you have what you need, start putting away your scheckels in preparation for the good deals that inevitably come up every now and then.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
If you were to get the right amp -- whatever that is for you -- it could put a whole new spin on what music you're playing and what you're playing it with. I've gassed and given in for lots of stuff. Maybe it's just me, but a really sweet amp made the biggest difference when my tonal curiosity kicked in. Actually led to different music, and to some guitars I might not have otherwise considered.

PFCG

id buy a new amp, because most guys have fairly nice guitars but alot of guys play some crappy amps.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom