New guitars under $1000 with a big, fat neck?

Figaro

Supporting Member
Closest I’ve found is some of the Fender Baja Teles. A little bigger neck would be even better.
All I’ve found are Gibson and Fender Custom Shop models but they are way more than $1K.

Last edited:

jaime136

You might be able to grab a used Richie Kotzen Tele for close to $1000, if you're patient. There's one on Reverb for $1088 now.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see new in the title.

Last edited:

HERSCHEL

Wylde guitars have wonderfully monstrous necks, play well, are well made and you can find some on closeouts well under $1000 in places, though they're a bit pointy in spots. My favorite is the Blood Eagle, but the Odin and Barbarian are pretty comfortable also.

filtersweep

Why new? Plenty of used guitars available with fat necks. I have a Baja, a Les Paul with a 50s neck, a fat SG.... no doubt there are other options.

DarrellM5

Wylde guitars have wonderfully monstrous necks, play well, are well made and you can find some on closeouts well under $1000 in places, though they're a bit pointy in spots. My favorite is the Blood Eagle, but the Odin and Barbarian are pretty comfortable also.
Yep, fattest neck I've tried. Also, some Guitar Centers are blowing them out new for under $700.

fitz

Funny, I assume at this point, that a fat neck is a marketing ploy. Pay more & maybe you'll get a fat neck. I was so disappointed that when I bought a '50's Les Paul Jr. and it had a 60's slim profile, but the VOS model for $1000 more had the fat neck.

PixMix

Had one and it definitely didn’t have a fat 50’s neck.
Me too. Actually I had one of each, '50s and '60s, quite a difference in the thickness of the neck with the '50s one being substantially thicker.

blacknblues

One of the reasons I purchased the Epiphone Slash Anaconda Les Paul was because of the chunky ‘58 neck. It lists for $899.00

cutaway

Supporting Member
Why do you want a new guitar? Do people like paying the absolute MOST they can?

LeGar

I haven't played one, but you could get a Gordon Smith GS-1 or GS-1.5 with a fat neck for right around $1000. I'm not sure how fat the neck is, but it's one of the options when you customize it.

Figaro

Supporting Member
Why new? Plenty of used guitars available with fat necks. I have a Baja, a Les Paul with a 50s neck, a fat SG.... no doubt there are other options.
Why do you want a new guitar? Do people like paying the absolute MOST they can?
There aren’t a ton of quality used ones with fat necks under $1K. I just wanted to find out about other makers besides PRS and Epiphone that I may not be aware of.

Too bad Fender and Gibson can’t make at least one fat neck model under $1K CONSISTENTLY. It would be a big seller.

Figaro

Supporting Member
What's a guitar(s) you're referencing? Because this just simply is not true.
Fender, Gibson, PRS, etc...
I’m not as familiar with the smaller companies, that’s why I’m asking.
Please post your favorites.

Trending Topics