New Guyatone FLIP series tube envelope filter and tape delay...

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
The tape echo has been around for a while. Id be interested to see how it stacks up to a space echo.

I was afraid of that after I was browsing the site... I don't get guitar mags anymore and they must have updated the site this weekend, because I've been looking at it sometimes the last week or so since I have that trem pedal coming...

W

walpow

I don't think the Funky Box is still in the line. The page is on the site, and shows up in searches, but it's not linked. The only Flip pedals they still sell are the trem, the echo/delay, and the Metal Monster.

CBeeper

Silver Supporting Member
I know the Funky Box was discontinued a few years ago. Maybe it's being re-issued. I had it. Keep the Emma.....

Craise

Here's the deal...they sound great but you have to use the 12v adapter that comes with it...if you try to run it off PP2(set at 12v) you will get some background hum... Not sure if you use a Y cable off the PP2... But set to 12v one cable me and my friend both found the delay and the trem to have this problem...
Ran off the guyatone adaptor sounds great!
:)

Craise

whoismarykelly said:
You mean on a PP Ac?

I'm saying if you don't use the 12v adaptor that comes with it and try and use
one of the outlets on a PP2 (Power Pedal 2) set to 12v you will get hum. You can however plug the 12v adaptor into the back (AC part)of the PP2 and it works fine..no hum....

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
The PP2 only offers 9V outlets. Different settings can get you higher mA ratings but not higher voltage. Your probably getting hum from underpowering the pedal.

Craise

whoismarykelly said:
The PP2 only offers 9V outlets. Different settings can get you higher mA ratings but not higher voltage. Your probably getting hum from underpowering the pedal.
That's strange on the bottom of my PP2 it has 8 dip switches that you can change from 9v to 12v... At least that's what I always thought they did...:p
Anyway..point is it hums when running it straight off a pp2.....maybe if you ran a Y cable from 2 of the PP2 outlets it would be high enough volts? Not sure...
cheers and good luck!

GrecoVee

Just bought a Flip "Metal Monster" tube overdrive/distortion pedal used earlier today. Haven't had a chance to hook it up to my rig yet. Curious to see how it compares to the Tonebone "Hot British" pedal.

bob01480

Silver Supporting Member
One guy is selling the Tube Trem on Eaby and this is what he says in his discription:"The only reason I am selling it is my Pedal Power II will not power it. I called VooDoo Lab, and they didn't have a fix for it. It is something about the voltage being used by the pedal. I will ship it with its power supply."

Trending Topics