New HeadRush Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by tochiro, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Stokely

Stokely Member

That's what I meant by "chicks" :)
    No I think you are right. Most places aren't like that at all--still have seen a couple go after our bass player. He puts on a very energetic stage show, he really "gets into it", which kind of shows how important that is for the audience in general when it comes to enjoying bands. Hard to act like a rock star when playing Brown-eyed girl for the 100th time, but he does, and people love it. To be sure though these aren't the young chicks, they are hens :D (That sounds bad, some of them look very nice indeed!)

Steve_U1S likes this.
  2. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

3. jageya

jageya Member

usually they are the bandmates gf's up front dancing and such from what i have noticed.

4. superhooker

superhooker Member

what to expect about the gapless preset switching claim

5. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Good point!

I never really got why people like getting drunk. I personally hate not being in control of my senses; not to mention the side-effects (vomiting, headaches, etc). But that's me, I guess :).

scook and TimeSnow like this.
  6. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

I don't really drink any more, because it doesn't do much for me, but at least it has more on offer than, say, cigarettes.

Still, though I wouldn't do this either I don't think, I'd rather pot be legal than booze, if it was an either or... never had a truly bad experience with a stoner, other than slight frustration. Drunks though... ugh.

Jose7822 likes this.
  7. aldridt1

aldridt1 Member

About the beer spillage - there is a rig rundown for someone where the guy had his entire pedal board wrapped in what looked like clear cellophane. It was tight and completely transparent, and appeared to be spill proof. I thought it looked like a pretty good solution for keeping out moisture. I think this particular player was doing so for rain protection for outdoor gigs and festivals.

8. vlammie

vlammie Member

In one of the videos he said it crossfades between presets.

9. B Money

B Money Member

well, it's not like every gig I'm getting deluged with beer, but it does happen occasionally and even I will sometimes spill water or soda onto my pedalboard. Sh*t happens in the real world, what can I say?
    If all I did was play music in my bedroom, then I wouldn't worry about damaging a beautiful delicate full-color touchscreen at my feet.
    I would expect that any piece of equipment touted as being "road ready" would be able to withstand liquid spills and water mist.

gumtown likes this.
  10. ballhawk

ballhawk Supporting Member

That's my favorite part (well beside waking up naked on the concrete of the parking lot with my car running) :D

Guitar Stu and Jose7822 like this.
  11. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Neal Schon
    [​IMG]

JiveTurkey likes this.
  12. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

The TPG Edition Pedalboard Prophylactic.
    Patron proof, available in flavors, grab-n-go / club / & TGP sizes.

B Money and JiveTurkey like this.
  13. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Has this argument now come full circle?
    <floor unit released>
    Demo guy Mike said that he's spilled stuff on the device without adverse result. I don't see why a touch screen would be any more vulnerable to liquid damage than a non-touch screen of comparable size.
    I'm not particularly sensitive to gaps but it sounded pretty gapless to me.

pomfret likes this.
  14. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Fixed :D

wpawley likes this.
  15. pomfret

pomfret Member

I'm not worried about liquids but I don't know if stomping again and again on the switches could cause damage to the touchscreen, being them so near and probably connected.

16. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

Look at Mr. Big shot with his fancy gigs that actually provide monitors :)

You're right about the risk. You never know what the crowd will be like in some places, even if you haven't had problems there before.

I always thought it looked clever when I saw musicians using the mic stand holder for some grear (like the old POD) with just foot controls on the floor. Seems like some gear is already going to the minimalist HW UI and just letting you use a phone/tablet for all but the basics.

17. B Money

B Money Member

ha! Little do you know; Mr.Big Shot provides his OWN monitors. In fact, Mr.Big Shot has to provide his own everything, as well as lug it into/out of the venue in a kinds of weather conditions and inebriation levels. For this very reason, Mr.Big Shot is always looking for smaller, lighter, more portable gear.

mojah, phazersonstun and ChrisVereb like this.
  18. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

There's seriously got to be a market for "Pedalboard Condoms" in various sizes. You could make it in the same sizes as Pedaltrain sizes. Do different transparent colors, to spice things up. Would need to adhere well enough that button pushing isn't an issue.

19. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

Instead of worrying about gear just get insurance to cover it, and bring a backup. I have an add-on floater to home owners insurance, can also be added to renters insurance, through USAA called Valuable Personal Property which costs about $60 a year and covers about $16,000 worth of gear anywhere I have it. No deductible. If I drop my guitar and snap the neck I get a new one. Drunk chick uses my tablet as a Frisbee or gear stolen is from car or club its all covered. This policy will not work for full time pro musicians where all your income is from music but is great for the weekend warriors.

20. gumtown

gumtown Member

Does this actually work for insurance claims from a paid gig?
    If you play at a paid gig, wouldn't the insurance company (at claim time) define that as a pro situation anyway and refuse your claim?