1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

New Heritage score

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by brentrocks, Oct 24, 2008.

1. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

I got my goldtop H 140 custom today and i'm lovin it!

the neck is super slim, the tone is in your face! i love the trap inlays too...the 140s usually had dots stock....and the belly cut is nice for my growing belly:) it must have been a custom order....the schaller pups really sound good in this one....the neck is really smooth, the bridge sounds really sweet distorted!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Caretaker

Caretaker Silver Supporting Member

3. XKnight

XKnight Member

Looks great! Enjoy!

4. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

That is effin' sweet! I have a buddy that swears by Heritage guitars, I think I need to see what all the fuss is about. Love the belly cut on it - I'm in that demographic myself. ;)

5. Headstock

Headstock Member

ooh Sweet. Nice work Brent!

6. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

7. bilbal

bilbal Member

That's a killer score. Heritage makes some great guitars. I have only played one H140 but it was a good one. I'm not going to make the Gibson/Heritage comparison because I think it's just too easy to fall into that argument and frankly, it's old.

I recently got an awesome deal on an H535. It was a leftover at my buddy's shop and he gave it to me at basically what it cost him. Suffice it to say that I got a great guitar for very little money. I would have paid the sticker price but he didn't want it so I wasn't gonna force him to take my cash - LOL!!! My H535 is one of the best semi-hollow bodies I have ever played. The build quality is top shelf all the way and it sounds phenomenal.

The reason I won't make the Gibson/Heritage comparison is because I have guitars by both builders and I love them because they are simply great guitars. My Les Pauls never fail to bring a smile to face as does my H535. If there was an ES335 and a Heritage H535 or a Les Paul and an H150 side by side in a store and I was looking to buy, I would very simply buy the guitar(s) that spoke to me regardless of the maker.

I hope you have many years of tone and continue to dig your new buddy Brent. She's a beauty.

b

8. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

What a beauty, love the colour!

Enjoy!

9. mooawk

mooawk Member

That looks wicked nice! :drool

Congratulations and enjoy!

10. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

Very nice....congrats Brent!

11. brentrocks

Thanks fellas!

i have spent some quality time w/ it in the past 24 hours and it is a wonderful player. My 157 and Gary moore have Duncans in them, but i think i will keep the Schallers in this 140...they are a good match.

12. hank

hank Member

Beautiful goldy! I love the tummy cut.

13. LTE

LTE Member

Sucker for a goldtop.

Does Heritage make a "Deluxe" Les Paul?

14. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

15. brentrocks

you can get an H 150 w/ mini buckers, p-90s, lollar dogears, blocks, traps, custom binding....it is all at your fingertips!!!

i would like to try a mini bucker H 150:drool