New HJ Tunage Jazz/Rock/ConFusion

HarryJ

Here is a very cool BT apparently by Mike Stern
I just finished recorded the guitar parts, not sure about the mixing as usual. I may change a few things here and there. Let me know how the mix is on various speakers. I recorded a ton of different guitar tracks... very different from my usual.

http://www.harryj.net/ConFusion.mp3

Recording info:

Strat with Area pickups ('67 neck, '58 middle,HB2 bridge) I used various OD pedals including the Ethos, Analogman KOT, and the Pigtronix Disnortion fuzz in various sections. Bassman and Sennheiser E609

I downloaded the BT from this thread: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/335838

Harry Jacobson
www.harryj.net

HarryJ

Hey thx guys
Cool... It's so hard to mix this stuff. I'm guessing I'll hear it tomorrow with fresh ears and find all the things that need changing :-0
I just downloaded the BT this afternoon and got inspired LOL

HJ

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
OMG Harry ... you are truly a monster guitarist....
Loved the way you both doubled & harmonized Stern's melody ...

When it goes to the Eb section ... you took it to a very cool place...
Was expecting a totally different vibe, only because I'm quite familiar with Stern's solo on the original recording ...

Thumbs way up Harry ... :AOK

cdaloia

Geez Harry,

You're a beast. Loved it !!!!
Never heard the Stern version and don't think that I need to.

You a monsta........

Chuck

HarryJ

Hey thx Chuck,
I'll have to dig his up...
You'd kick some major butt on this track... was the easiest groove to play with for me

HJ

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Excellent all the way around! Very cool you took the time to do such a cool job with this one. Great playing and well thought out.

ToneZappa

Wow that sounds like fun all the OD pedals sound good to me,!!! Thanks for posting this. "I can,t stop playing it"

HarryJ

Excellent all the way around! Very cool you took the time to do such a cool job with this one. Great playing and well thought out.
Hey thx Tag,
Kinna funny bro, I threw it together in a few hours, then that much to mix as well... The groove just felt right to me

H

HarryJ

Woody, TZ, Matt,
Thx guys :)

Matt,
Both Roy and Jeff were among my earliest influences... I try to not allow too much of it to filter through. :)

HJ

HJ

J-HO

Sounds just like the Harry J I know. :) Killin' as always sen sei.

By the way, I'm new to the forum everyone. Looking forward to checking everything out on here.

HarryJ

Folks let me introduce James Hogan
The most killin' player... Check out his stuff man.
His CD kicks ass too.
Ya gotta love the Gear Page with folks like this hangin out :)

HJ