New Ibanez Tube Screamer Amp...

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
See this:
http://ibanez.com/Electronics/Series-TSA

Pretty good idea from Ibanez -- especially since the price is just $299.

Shoot -- I just paid almost that amount for a handful of tubes. A 15 watt tube amp with a built-in TS-pedal for only $299?? How can you beat that?

scriptphase

Wow! Why the hell not? At that price, as long as it doesn't catch fire while I'm playing it, I'll take two. :)

BTW: The overdrive-mounted-in-an-amp reminds me of the Fargen/Analogman Jim Weider amp. Now that's an amp I have some serious GAS for.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
DOD made a series of pedal-in-the-amp practice amps.

He said rapidly ducking.

And isn't that basically what the marshalls with opamp/diode stages were? Those seem to get trashed on around here.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Im glad other guys remember the Fargen/Weider amp with the built AnalogMan Boost/Overdrive.

I'm sure Ibanez will sell a tone of those amps, at the price point there is no way they won't Im just wondering how it will be handled when they want to mod the internal Tube Screamer!

zombiwoof

Silver Supporting Member
DOD made a series of pedal-in-the-amp practice amps.

He said rapidly ducking.

And isn't that basically what the marshalls with opamp/diode stages were? Those seem to get trashed on around here.
In the Ibanez amp, the Tube Screamer is switchable, so it's not on all the time like the solid state circuitry in the Marshalls.

Al

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
In the Ibanez amp, the Tube Screamer is switchable, so it's not on all the time like the solid state circuitry in the Marshalls.

Al
Wouldn't it be ironic if the switching in the amp was relay based TB where the original pedal was buffered, transistor switching?

RyanFromQA

Dang. That's pretty awesome actually. If for no other reason than it's a 15w 6v6 amp for $300.

Good thing for me and Jim at Little Dawg that I saw this *after* I bought my D-Luxe. I might've been lead astray! ;)

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
Of course how it sounds will be imporant, but imagine if it sounded even 'decent', a 15 or 5 watt (pentode or triode mode) All tube amp, with a footswitchable "overdrive channel" based on the most popular OD of all time and a 6dB footswitchable solo boost. Sounds like a great little gigging machine to me. Pair it up with different cabs for different venues.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Am I correct from the Ibanez web page that it has independent footswitchable Tubescreamer and 6db boost? If yes, at that price, I can see myself snagging one, too.

THebert

Gold Supporting Member
I read it as independent boost and screamer. I know lots of people that will be interested in this. Me too, but when they put in the DS1 then I'll really drool!

Lennox Lewis

Before clicking on the link, I expected to see an amp that was black with a metal looking grill. I was pleasantly suprised to see the styling of these. Pretty cool looking amp. For that price, I'm certainly interested. Shortly after they're released, you'll see the "necessary mods" for them pop up everywhere. I'm certainly anxious to try one.

Trending Topics