NEW Incase Gig Bags!!!! FYI!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rawkguitarist, Jan 31, 2006.

1. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

2. royd

royd Member

+1 on incase!!!
    There have been a few threads regarding the incase bags and I have mentioned the ProTec Contego as a possible cheaper replacement... well, I checked them out at NAMM. They are nice. very nice. but still a distant 2nd (or 3rd) to the incase bag. I wouldn't hesitate a second to get another one especially after the new ones fixed a few things I didn't like about the originals.

3. dbx

dbx Member

What didn't you like about the originals, I had a few nits of my own...

4. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

The ProTec site doesn't list the Contego for electric guitars. :confused:

5. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Is the "DUBBAG" supposed to be a double bag? There's some indication that it is on one of the images, but no clear text that says one way or the other.

6. webb

webb Member

Yes it is a double bag.

7. royd

royd Member

here's the URL for the contego for electrics
    http://www.ptcases.com/items.asp?ProductID=406&InstrumentGroupID=4&CategoryID=2&InstrumentID=16

The contego is much thinner than the incase.

what don't I like about the original (I have the slim bag not the tour)... I don't like the liner materials and while it is nice to have the neck support, I would have rather had a pocket than a pad.

As for the new one... I would have passed on the backback system and just continued with the shoulder strap

8. Kappy

Kappy Member

Am I the only one who finds that zippered compartment on the inside of those bags a little disconcerting?

9. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

It's great to see that they are in production again. I wonder why they got rid of the front pocket/storage area? That is one of the great features of the originals!

10. John_M

John_M Member

I own an old "Dub Bag" and it's really quite cool. I would agree that I've got no use for the backpack system, but I can see where people who walk really far with their guitar would find it useful. Of course, I have no idea would would be hiking with 2 electric guitars. I mean, you can't plug them in out in the wilderness, and then to make matters worse, you've got 2 of them.

Further, Les Paul type guitars do not fit as well in the dub bag as Strat styles.