New Incubus single - "Absolution Calling"

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by afterosmosis, Feb 5, 2015.

1. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

Meh.

I was a big Incubus fan back in the S.C.I.E.N.C.E days, on up through Morning View really. I understand they like to reinvent themselves, but this latest single has me in the "do not care" column for their upcoming album.

2. Unnecessary

Unnecessary Member

Fungus Amungus and SCIENCE were the only two records I could get along with. They turned into a pretty boring rock band about half-way through the album after SCIENCE, and thats were I stopped caring.

3. Ubersooner

Ubersooner Member

Wouldn't the opposite of falling still feel like falling?

4. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Member

I'm with you, this one's got me scratching my head though. I thought they kind of settled on the sound after the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. They're at a point where they don't need to reinvent themselves or try to sound modern or up to date. I kind of have the feeling that the rest of the album is going to sound like the same old Incubus though. This song is just the experiment.

5. maybe_ebyam

maybe_ebyam Member

Flying?

I think it sounds like some modern remix of a RHCP song; and also feel that I would like it more if it were.

6. Ubersooner

Ubersooner Member

Flying is not the opposite of falling any more than walking is. And I got more ICP than RHCP outta that video.

7. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Liked the intro, lost me after that which is a shame - they had some cool songs.

8. Original_Fire

Original_Fire Member

I dig it. Cool that they're still willing to try whatever they feel inclined to.

In a recent interview I'm pretty sure they mentioned that with the new material they've written their heaviest as well as slowest tune(s) to date, so I've got a feeling that the EP's will both be pretty eclectic. Here's the live version of the first EP's title track, Trust Fall, from the KROQ show:

Sounds like more of a straight ahead tune for the direction they've gone since Morning View.

9. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

Man, I want to get excited for their new stuff but even that song bored me before the 3 minute mark.