New Intronaut: Fluid Existential Inversions

Everything these guys put out is a masterpiece and this album is no exception. Love there psych/prog approach to metal. Probably one of the most unique metal groups out there right now.

pretty bummed about the whole Danny Walker situation, but Alex did a great job on the drums

https://intronautband.bandcamp.com/

Doomrider78

Do they still sound like Mastodon? I tried with them before (quite a long time ago, I might add) but just found it sounded like a less interesting version.

Do they still sound like Mastodon? I tried with them before (quite a long time ago, I might add) but just found it sounded like a less interesting version.
really? I like mastodon but I’ve always felt the opposite way lol. Some of the vocals in the new one are mastodon reminiscent but that’s about it for mastodon comparisons to me. When I first got into them around Valley of Smoke era I thought of them somewhat as picking up where isis left off. But with a more prog/Gojira/meshuggah kind of vibe

billboy73

Can't wait to go pick this up after work today! Got into them when Valley of Smoke came out, and have seen them live twice. I agree, each of their albums is incredible, and I cant wait to dive into this one. Danny being out sucks, as he fit perfectly, but...

Can't wait to go pick this up after work today! Got into them when Valley of Smoke came out, and have seen them live twice. I agree, each of their albums is incredible, and I cant wait to dive into this one. Danny being out sucks, as he fit perfectly, but...
this album is no exception! So good. I like all the other tracks more than the two singles they put out too but all of them are super solid. I like that each album sounds pretty different yet is also unmistakeabley Intronaut sounding

I’ve been lucky enough to see them 5 or 6 times, including when they played as Cloudkickers backing band

Doomrider78

I got this the other day: it still sounds like Mastodon, but with all the energy and passion removed. They've added some Opeth to their sound, which isnt a bad thing.

At the moment it's getting a "meh, whatever" rating from me.

Trending Topics