New iPhone 11 & 11 Pro

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by GGinMP, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

I just got an XS here in Germany to replace my old 6. Other than the Face ID (which is taking some getting used to), it’s not really all that different from my 6. I’m sure the camera is better but I haven’t noticed any significant improvements yet. The battery life is better, but that’s to be expected with a newer phone versus one that was pushing five years old. And the new ones don’t even look too different from the X models. It seems there haven’t been any game changers for quite some time.

AxeLover and 73171 like this.
  2. 73171

73171 Member

I'm still using a 6 that I bought brand new from Walmart for $180 in 2014. That's not a typo....brand new for $180. I changed the battery last year and that's all I've had to do to keep it running.
    When it finally dies I'll look for something cheaper than an IPhone. (using Verizon)

3. Laelaps

Laelaps Member

I'm going to hold off until TGP users review the camera on the pro. I've been thinking about a new camera anyway, so two birds with one stone and all.

4. Penguinchit

Penguinchit Member

I'd like to have that camera setup on the 11 Pro, but can't justify the cost. Plus, I still use my headphone jack while charging the phone. That's what kept me from going from a 5S to an 8. I love my 3.5mm.

ellis dee, Sidmore and monty like this.
  5. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

When you do an OS update you should notice a difference in speed due to the newer processor chip. It will process and install the file much faster.

6. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

Funny thing is, I hadn’t updated my iPhone 6 in about three years due to bad experiences updating Apple OS with machines a little long in the tooth. So we’re talking about very little noticeable differences to me based on a gap of three years for iOS.

7. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

I don't expect a lot of wow from some of the features once I upgrade my 6S in the very near future, but having 2X the battery life will be awesome.

Scrapperz likes this.
  8. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Did they go from 8 to 10? I think I have an 8plus. Works well. I’ll keep it until it doesn’t work. With phones I never need the latest & greatest.

9. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

I still have a 7 Plus. Pretty happy with it and have no inclination to change. My current work phone is an XR. I don’t particularly dig it. I prefer the 7 Plus to the XR.

My work phone for a while was a 6S. I noticed no difference in performance between the 6S and 7. Although the hardware is getting old at this point, I think the sweet spot would be the 6S Plus.

10. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

I’m confused, I see 5G LTE pop up every once in a while on my X, depending on where I am.

Do they have 5G or not?

My X is my first iPhone (used Samsung’s for a long time before that), and mine isn’t 2 years old yet, and runs great.

I don’t use half the features on it as it is, so I have no desire to get a new one yet.

11. monty

monty Member

That is my hang up as well. I refuse to give up the headphone jack.

AxeLover, Scrapperz and Penguinchit like this.
  12. majorminor

majorminor Silver Supporting Member

Lost my 8S Plus a few months back and replaced it with the XS Pro Max. What I got that I notice most as a user was a slightly larger screen(but with that mildly annoying notch) and a slightly better camera for stills and video. I also got a new phone that pretty much needs charging at the end of every day vs the iphone 8 which could go 2 days. If I had it to do over I would have gotten another 8s Plus and rode that for a few years before upgrading.

13. Penguinchit

Penguinchit Member

I don't use headphones, but I'll connect my phone to computer speakers or the aux in of a Captain Sunset amp to play along with music.

monty likes this.
  14. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

Am I the only one who finds the stretched out resolution difficult to read?

15. Don P.

Don P. Supporting Member

I ordered the iPhone 11 to replace my SE because I recently had to dump apps due to lack space and some texting issues. I don’t use mine as much as most folks which is why I hate to ditch the SE, but the time has come. Since my Klipsch R6i ear buds are now pretty much obsolete I also ordered a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 as replacements for them.

16. shane8

shane8 Member

doesn't say ya can make calls on it but wowsa do spend some $$ on ads

ShredSquatch and Scrapperz like this.
  17. ethandt

ethandt Member

And you were confused by that?

18. shane8

shane8 Member

> intrigued :)

ShredSquatch likes this.
  19. ellis dee

ellis dee Member

a friend of mine has been bashing apple for years. to my surprise, i find out he has a new iphone.
    he bought it for the cameras. he is a professional photographer, and has lots of cameras. apparently the iphone
    is a must have. never thought i'd see the day....

Scrapperz likes this.
  20. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

Oh yeah, I totally agree, I was just curious how long you had it. I have an 8 plus and I love it. I like Touch ID. This is also my first iPhone. I like iPhones better and never going back to Android, not that I think they are bad, they are not, I just like the functionality of Apple better.