New(ish) fella here.

fatcontroller

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, all -

I've been buying and selling over in the emporium for the last year and I like the tenor of the joint, so I think I'll try and participate on the discussion end of things.

By way of introduction:

* I turn forty all too soon. I am very happily married and have a couple of mostly delightful kids. I've lived in rural Wisconsin for 15 years having grown up in St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Iowa and California. I love it here, even in winter. I am not skinnier for it, though.

* I own a small brewing company here in southwestern Wisconsin: www.furthermorebeer.com

* I pretend to like old, broke-down things, but in fact I harbor some suburban-hipster tendencies.

* I play in a few bands: one reflects my interest in roots, americana, old-timey gothic, blues and psychedelic music. The other (my main squeeze) is more a melange of indie/shoegaze/power pop kind of stuff. However, I've just shelled a bunch of my electric gear, bought a decent (but not too nice) acoustic, and am thinking about taking up a bit more of the porch-rockin musical lifestyle...

* I contributed to the Orange forum for the last two years. I've tried to hone my forum etiquette skills in the minors. I think I'm ready for the big leagues, though.

Anyhow, see you around the block!

Chris

fatcontroller

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, all!

And Rattles, can you put my mind at rest and tell me what I'm seeing in your avatar? I know what I THINK I see...

Trending Topics