New j. Rockett I.Q. Compressor

Billy Moss

Cool. A compressor with volume, blend and a 6 band EQ.

Take-my-Money-300x168.jpg

Last edited:

Billy Moss

Coming down the pike, the new IQ compressor. 6 band EQ before compression. Makes for some interesting sounds but you can also eq out any colorations. Simple output and mix controls allow for subtle compression or squish......it loves to recreate that tube sag feel in the proper setting.

17022253_1301682566591328_3856135757500746380_n.png

guitar007

I've never felt the need for a compressor, as my tube amps do that just fine...but this pedal is a game changer for me.

tdump

Silver Supporting Member
Looks cool, but this is the compressor I'm most excited for:
ContentHandler.ashx

rsm

I dig compressors, really got into them back in the day with bass... still have a Trace Elliot SMX-Dual Compressor, and I use compressors often on bass, primarily when doing pop&slap.

For guitar, I have an original JangleBox I use with my Rics and Vox; I have a TC Electronics Nova Dynamics; I use the compressors in my MFX, modelers and Xtomp.

The Boss CP-1X is the only compressor on my list:

https://www.boss.info/global/products/cp-1x/

cp-1x_f_mg_6510.jpg

gavinashun

Does anyone know if this pedal can be used as just an EQ, like if you turn the Mix control to 0 so that there is no compressed signal blended in, then at that point, is the pedal just an EQ pedal?

Or does that not work. The manual doesn't really discuss this.

MogwaiBoy

Does anyone know if this pedal can be used as just an EQ, like if you turn the Mix control to 0 so that there is no compressed signal blended in, then at that point, is the pedal just an EQ pedal?

Or does that not work. The manual doesn't really discuss this.

It does discuss it and the answer is yes!

iqcomp.PNG

Turn the Mix knob down and you should get no compression.

What I want to know is...

- What is the milliamp requirement for these pedals?
- Is the EQ pre or post-compressor? Because Premier Guitar said pre, the second post in this thread says pre, but you can see above the manual says post.

If you want the EQ to affect the compression character and frequency targeting, then it should be pre-compressor.

gavinashun

It does discuss it and the answer is yes!

View attachment 572936

Turn the Mix knob down and you should get no compression.

What I want to know is...

- What is the milliamp requirement for these pedals?
- Is the EQ pre or post-compressor? Because Premier Guitar said pre, the second post in this thread says pre, but you can see above the manual says post.

If you want the EQ to affect the compression character and frequency targeting, then it should be pre-compressor.
Thanks! I must have missed that. Not sure about your questions though.

myphriendmike

I would have purchased and mostly likely settled on this pedal during my 10-pedal comp search...if it didn't look like Satan's doorbell. Yes, I buy pedals based on looks. No I don't play in a vampire metal band.

downburst82

I would have purchased and mostly likely settled on this pedal during my 10-pedal comp search...if it didn't look like Satan's doorbell. Yes, I buy pedals based on looks. No I don't play in a vampire metal band.
I've never seen satans doorbell but I would have pictured something more ornate and gothic...

I totally understand buying based on looks, these days there are a lot of options so why not find something you like the sound AND look of.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom