New Jeep Drivetrain Misery

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DrewH, Jun 30, 2019.

1. iGouger

iGouger Supporting Member

I was hours away from buying the wife a new Jeep Cherokee, but in my research I found that Jeeps are known to suffer from Transmission problems... A LOT of transmission problems. I remember one person saying if you buy a Jeep, buy two so you don't have to walk... thought that was pretty funny. Needless-to-say, wife drives an Explorer now, not a Jeep.

fretless and Cruciform like this.
  2. HeyMrTeleMan

HeyMrTeleMan Colonel of Truth Gold Supporting Member

I have an 11 foot pole you can borrow...

Noise Under The Floor likes this.
  3. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

crapola...hope my 2015 Grand Cherokee holds out....50,000 so far so good.

4. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

my wife and i test drove several 2018 jeep renegades in april (for her). they were nicely appointed and fun to drive. i checked the reliability and quality ratings when i got home. holy crap! there were stories if engine blocks and oil pumps cracking and failing. lots of stories about being in the shop more than being on the road. not good. shoe bought a kia.

5. germs

germs Member

Ok so, obvious question that hasn’t been asked yet:

It’s a Jeep. Is it still stock?

6. gphill

gphill Member

I would never buy a Jeep. One word - Chrysler. Never.

7. Woodenfish

Woodenfish Member

The technician receives the repair order, locate the keys, find the vehicle, reads the complaint, drives into the shop, find who has the diagnostic tool, read out system fault codes and print them out, dive in to the internet in search of a service bulletin, locate the battery charger, prepare the vehicle for a software download and wait in line at the parts counter to bill the software, close up the vehicle and drive it to the wash rack and fill out complaint, cause and correction for the computer linked repair order and drop it all off someplace and see if he can find another task.

No wonder why cars can’t be fixed anymore! Two tenths of an hour compensation for a giant hassle to the trained technician with $40K in tools, freaking union dues, health insurance, and other deductions. Could of made more money flipping burgers at McDonalds. Every manufacturer the same circus, different clowns.