New Jersey Guys...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by daacrusher2001, Oct 5, 2016.

1. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

Yep...also JohnKoz (who was apparently recently banned from TGP) is also planning to come.

saltydogg likes this.
  2. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Oh man the ban-hammer?

3. daacrusher2001

Yeah, he texted me today and told me about it...lol

4. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

There’s a Tuesday night jam at Suzy Q’s barbecue in West Orange that’s not bad. Like any jam there are good and bad nights as well as goodand bad players.

Might be easier to maybe reach out to Andy Lackow who runs it and have a TGP night ?

Current NNJ Jams at this time AFAIK:

Monday’s nights we have the Hilltop in Hackensack, the Wagon wheel in Bergenfield and the Great Notch Inn in little falls. Tuesday’s is Andy’s jam. Wednesday’s is Hansils in Oakland and a new Jam in Jersey City at FM, hosted by some regulars from the Red Lion Jam in nyc. There is also the Franklin Tavern in West Orange Wednesday nights too. Saturday’s this the Far Side Jam every other week. Sunday’s Al Gold runs a nice jam at DLV lounge in Montclair every other week.

5. saltydogg

Good idea Andy, but weeknights aren’t ideal for me, likewise for Sunday nights. Maybe the other guys can swing it though.

6. saltydogg

Ha...too funny. I’m sure he’s devastated :)

7. daacrusher2001

Yeah, he said he has a ton more time to actually play guitar now...:)

johnkoz likes this.
  8. daacrusher2001

A TGP night somewhere is a good idea. I occasionally go to Hansils. I'll bet we could get Steve to give us another night if we had enough people. Maybe even a Saturday - he doesn't always have live music.

9. saltydogg

True...true...definitely true.

10. saltydogg

Maybe the bar-jams could be more an impromptu thing? Like someone posts (on this thread) “Hey thinking about hitting such and such’s jam night next week, anyone interested?”

And then have a larger, more planned gathering/event?

$0.02

11. DGDGBD

DGDGBD Member

Might get more traction if you had it in a location more central to the entire state. I would definitely be interested in meeting up if something is planned.

12. DownByLaw

DownByLaw Member

Keep up to date with this. I'm a drummer first, so I'd be game to contribute and bring some of my gear for a try out (suhr sl67 and Fryette 100clx). I'm local to Boonton.

Patrick

13. daacrusher2001

Hey All...this is one of those ideas that never got off the ground...lol

I'm still game, the weather is gettin' better, let's get a bunch of folks together, you're never too old to have some fun, playin' music in the sun (lol, could be a song here...)

So, I have a drummer, bass, keyboard, sax, and maybe even trumpet players that are Willin'.

Anyone else want to try it? We just need a venue, or a backyard. Whatever works!

saltydogg likes this.
  14. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

Interested (still)

15. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

A TGP member Andy Lackow (not sure of his screen name here) runs a Tuesday night Jam in West Orange at Suzy Q's BBQ. Maybe a theme night for TGP members ?

16. daacrusher2001

That's a great idea - if we can find him on TGP! :)

17. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Sent him a link to the thread.

18. Craftmatic

Craftmatic Silver Supporting Member

Hey I'm Andy Lackow, my secret identity revealed - and I don't sell Craftmatic beds although I used to get threatening emails from disgruntled Craftmatic customers when I first used this handle on AOL several decades ago. LOL.

I host the Tuesday Night Jam at SuzyQue's BBQ, 34 South Valley Rd, West Orange NJ, every Tuesday night from 8:00 - 12:00. And despite what Andy Fuchs said in an early post (tsk, tsk, tsk, Andy) we get very good players every single time. Why, by golly, Andy's one of them! Although, we can't guarantee 100% great players 100% of the time, we always have excellent drummers and bassists so that says something: you will be well supported on the bottom end. Every jam is fun no matter if it's packed or less so attended. I always try to put together the best combination of players to make a compatible and/or inspired ensemble. The house bassist and drummer are so good many jammers request them, especially the heavy hitter guitarists/vocalists.

Speaking of which, we could use more good guitarists and vocalists - and those that are both. And we would love to have TGP members at the jam!

Here's a link to the group page for the jam on Facebook, if I'm allowed to post it here: The Wednesday Night Blues Jam at SuzyQue's BBQ hosted by Andy Lackow. (I used to spend most of my time on this site years ago but since I started to go out into the world more often I am not up on the ever changing rules here).

daacrusher2001 and saltydogg like this.