New Jetter Pedal?

Colamander

Ooh, that looks cool.
Lol. A two-channel overdrive with controls for gain, level, and some kind of tone-shaping on each side? Don't all the Jetter dual pedals have this same config? Not trying to be a downer, and I bet it sounds great, but with nothing to go on but the picture, I'll wait to decide if it's cool

Billy Moss

Lol. A two-channel overdrive with controls for gain, level, and some kind of tone-shaping on each side? Don't all the Jetter dual pedals have this same config? Not trying to be a downer, and I bet it sounds great, but with nothing to go on but the picture, I'll wait to decide if it's cool
Yes I am well aware of the entire line of Jetter pedals and I am a fan.

jAcKoFsPeEd

What amp from the dark past is this trying to emulate? Will this pedal take us where no man has gone before?

Last edited:

dlc1953

He posted he'd have more details later today.He always comes up with interesting stuff.Makes some of the best dual overdrives around.

KoolThing

Supporting Member
Anyone find out what it is yet? I mean, we know it's a dual overdrive--but what flavor? I haven't seen anything on social media...

mrbluetone

Got this off his FB page
Tonally, the left channel of the Altair IV lies between the GS 124 and the GS 167. The moderate gain structure has been designed to remain focused and articulate whether running stand-alone or stacked with the right channel. The right channel is a lower gain design with the development goal of being able to get the Robben Ford, Larry Carlton low-gain tones. Either channel works great as the Go-To drive side and then using the other channel to add punch, saturation and drive all while remaining focused and tight.

Billy Moss

Got this off his FB page
Tonally, the left channel of the Altair IV lies between the GS 124 and the GS 167. The moderate gain structure has been designed to remain focused and articulate whether running stand-alone or stacked with the right channel. The right channel is a lower gain design with the development goal of being able to get the Robben Ford, Larry Carlton low-gain tones. Either channel works great as the Go-To drive side and then using the other channel to add punch, saturation and drive all while remaining focused and tight.
I'm getting one. I will never have enough overdrive pedals.

petty1818

This new pedal definitely sounds like it could be great. I love all of the Jetter pedals that I have tried, I just wish Brad would spend a little more time promoting each new release and giving it time to catch on. I find that Brad likes to release new pedals on a pretty regular basis but it often means that he will discontinue other models that are not even that old. It seems like it's worse lately and I am struggling to keep up with each new design. Just look at the GS103, how long was that even out for.. a few months?

I guess I shouldn't really complain since it's nice to see a builder improving on old designs. I just find that Brad's overdrive pedals all share a similar tonal quality so sometimes it's difficult to distinguish one from the other. I am not sure if he really needs to keep offering so many new designs on a pretty consistent basis.

KoolThing

Supporting Member
I bet it sounds really good, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that it's another D-style overdrive. He already makes (or made, in some cases), the Gain Stage Red, Red Shift, Red Squared, GS124, GS167, GS248, and perhaps even some I'm leaving out. What does this do for you that the Red Squared doesn't?

petty1818

Hopefully Brad posts some videos soon. I would love to hear this pedal. I was thinking about trying the Gold Standard but this sounds like a pedal I would like more. I really dug the GS124 but found it to be a one trick pony and it had far more background hiss than my other Jetter pedals.

Trending Topics