• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New JP-2C

Jaji

It looks like a couple 2021 JP-2Cs have hit a couple shops. The price is the same as pre-Gibson. As much as I want to get one, I am hesitant because I have no idea how the new transformers will affect the tone. Of course, there is no way I can try before I buy....

Decisions....decisions....

technomancer

Silver Supporting Member
Buy my pre-Gibson for $3500 and I'll take all the risk on a new one lmfao

If you think Schumacher transformers aren't going to be on par with the Classic Tones used "pre-Gibson" which is really pre-Classic Tone going out of business not sure what to tell you.

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
About to find out. These amps have been incredible hard to find. Cancelled my order with Sweetwater because they weren't sure when they were getting them in. Ended up buying on from Russo Music in NJ.

Tonelover

Silver Supporting Member
There's one at normal retail price + shipping on Reverb. No idea about the transformers. I own one of the Limited Editions with the wood front panel. It's my first Mesa and got me hooked on the heavy tones Mesas have to offer. So much so that I added a Mark V:25 recently for my other room where I do most of my practicing.

El Rey

Double Platinum Member
Just got mine from Pit Bull Audio, last one they had.

Sure is light in weight.

Picked up a Thiele Cab from Guitar Sanctuary yesterday to go along with it.

Ordered a EV12L Classic to swap the spkr in the cab. Should be here today.

MKV 90W Combo on order thru Sweetwater. Hopefully will get in before year end, but looking like Jan 2022.

NOT paying artificially inflated used prices.

Jaji

I, too. bought a Thiele cab not too long ago and put my EVM 12L in it. Best speaker cab decision I ever made. Can't wait to run the new JP-2C through it. Just got the shipping notice for the amp.

El Rey

Double Platinum Member
These things seem to get rave reviews. I know the 2c+ is a legendary amp, and this seems to be a pleasantly tweaked version of that, if I'm reading it correctly.
Still waiting for the naysayers telling us how there is no way it compares to a "real 2C+".

:munch

El Rey

Double Platinum Member
I, too. bought a Thiele cab not too long ago and put my EVM 12L in it. Best speaker cab decision I ever made. Can't wait to run the new JP-2C through it. Just got the shipping notice for the amp.
Fits perfectly under it.

Will work great under my ancient MKIV-A model combo.

If this new rig works out the way I hope, my Wizards and SLO's will go back in the closet for a spell.

From just cursory measurements, I think the JP2C will fit in my MKIV combo cab. I'm going to try it later.

El Rey

Double Platinum Member
don’t care. Ha ha one of the best damn amps I’ve ever heard. Exactly what I’d want in a Mesa and more.
Good to hear that!

Haven't heard/read any negatives yet. Still can't believe how light it is.

Will be removing the chassis for a look under the hood. Pictures coming soon............

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
Good to hear that!

Haven't heard/read any negatives yet. Still can't believe how light it is.

Will be removing the chassis for a look under the hood. Pictures coming soon............
Awesome. I’d like to see that. The power cord is an amazing pain in the ass, but once I finally got that set up, it’s glorious. It sounds absolutely absurd through my Friedman cab with vintage 30s.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom