New JRAD Hooligan!!!

KnowTalent

Just SAY NO to "Creamy" Distortion
Awesome build quality & very impressed with responsiveness whilest tweaking Reverend Bass Contour knob :aok

Definitely in league with BA Fuzz Mutant & GNARLY regarding variety of voicings...

Works great with single coil DAllen Voodoo Blues & Railhammer Chisel mudbuckers

EQ'd a pinch on the dark side imo...follow with RAT provides more sonic distress

Make sure you start with a fresh 9V power source... ;)

Hoohah!!! :beer

Last edited:

KnowTalent

Roll the bass contour up and the neck Chisel pushes the Hooligan into seismic activity. Moreso responsive than volume knob. Way Cool!!! :aok (so much so I'll soon be mounting the selector on the upper bout ala les Paul and moving the bass contour down next to the volume knob)

Really digging the phase option and the extra voices it brings to fuzz

Last edited:

KnowTalent

Wow, the pedal and the guitar are awesome. :)
Its quite a bit o' guit for the dish!!!
Would like to have the fretboard shoulders a bit more rounded other than that its awesome.

I'm putting Velcro just above the control plate (behind Wilkinson) so I can mount "fuzz of the week" directly to the guitar!

Last edited:

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Reverend guitars do beautiful things with fuzz pedals appreciating the bass contour/treble/volume knobs.

Reactions: kor

kor

I LOVE my Reverend. This pic is from the website I purchased it from several years ago. Been thinking about picking up another...

KnowTalent

Awesome! Bigsby's rock!!!

I'm use to low output single coils and was planning on pulling the Chisel for a pair of Nuevo P-90 Humcutters

Reactions: kor

KnowTalent

UPDATE: Hooligan "Gunk" is much more responsive to the Railhammer Chisels higher output mudbuckers vs DAllen VD Blues single coils. Especially neck position bass end of scale...keep the contour set about mid position for definition/chordplay and roll it up to get semi-synthy-octave down madness !!! :) Just what I've been looking for

On the downside: The Level range & overall output seems rather tame compared to the Basic Audio fuzz fare :(
The Fuzz Mutant loves the VD Blues

Trending Topics