New JTM45 and Tele Track, Blues Rock Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by riffy, Mar 13, 2006.

1. riffy

riffy Member

New JTM45 and Tele Track, Blues Rock Clip How does this one sound?
    I boosted the JTM45 with a Maxon OD808. I didn't use the pedals distortion at all. I just hit the input with a BIG clean boost...
    Here is the result if you all can stand the bad playing!
    When you hear a change in pickup sounds near the end, that is just me using the blend control on the 52RI tele.
    Love to know what you all think of this one too! I barely used a bit of delay at the board and used a bit of mastering reverb to the whole track afterwards.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=19832

I hope you guys take time to listen and tell me what you think I can do better.... Other than to turn down the delay...lol

Gary

2. scottl

scottl Member

Great take Gary... One of my fave backings and you did great with it! Very nice saturated tones. Very smooth.

Scott

3. Normster

Normster Member

Nice tone and great playing, Gary. The guitar could come up front a little more in the mix. (Maybe cut back on the reverb a touch.) Good stuff!!! :)

4. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey gary!!!
    bring the guitar up in the mix!! sounds really nice!!
    myles

5. riffy

riffy Member

Thanks so much guys... I most def went towards the rock side of the tracks with this one... It was a one taker and I am still afraid I did no
    justice to the backing with this take!

But thank you all so much for the kind comments!

Gary

6. what?

what? Member

great playing and nice tone!Did you get that saturation just using the 808 as clean boost?I've got the bluesbreaker, wondering if I can get that....

Where did you get the backing track?

Thanks

Reg

7. riffy

riffy Member

Reg,
    If I am not mistaken the backing track came from someone here. I could be mistaken but I wish I knew so I could give them credit for it! It is a killer backing!
    The overdrive came from boosting the input with the 808 and not using the distortion at all from the pedal. Just a really BIG clean boost going into the input. I had the amp set up for just more than breaking up too. When I really banged on it I had AC/DC style crunch. Hitting that gave the tele a really nice sound I personally thought. I wish I had taken more time with the lead as that was yet another one take wonder...

Gary

8. what?

what? Member

Thanks for the reply Gary. What speakers are you using in your cab with the JTM45?I got the factory fitted greenbacks in my bluesbreaker and wasnt happy with it, but after a few months of crankin :) they "broke in" and just sounded beautifull...I use a trainwreck Z attenuator but could never get that kind of compression naturally....is it the boost that gives that?do you think a FD-2 would work?I suppose you had an extremely high volume when recording that?

9. tybone

tybone Member

Nice work Gary. That backing is a Scott Lerner thing no? Certainly one of my favourites. Try two mics when you record. 1 close and dry and one a few feet away from the cab. You can add reverb to one without losing the definition of the other.

10. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

need to lift the gtr in the mix gary

11. bigroy

bigroy Member

Very nice, I love the Tele/Marshall combination.

12. Rid

Rid Senior Member

That was very nice, loved that fat sound.