New Keeley Oxblood ! ( Not a Klone )

Diego.G

I think the aesthetic is very Klonish, you know, Klon centaur is Gold with Oxblood Knobs, And this pedal would be a direct competitor to a Klon circuit.

vanguard

That's a good looking pedal, coming from a guy who usually dislikes Keeley aesthetics. Thinking Robert may have liked the look of Basic Audio pedals.

Ivo

If he finally puts reverse reverb out I'll be happy

?
https://robertkeeley.com/product/nocturner/
11373648_386077711575904_1911202548_n.jpg

Been out for some months. Unless I'm missing a joke. D:

Abram4235

Silver Supporting Member
Robert texted me about this pedal early on, and I kicked a few ideas in during the early development. It is not a Klon. It is not a TS, or a Sparkle Drive (whatever that is). Originally the diodes went to ground as you can see in the Instagram photos of the schematic but got moved due to a difference in clipping response. It was variously called Dirty Ox, Golden Gate and San Fran in some of the schematic drawings posted.

There were lots of variations in prototypes to fine tune the sound so that it was the best that it could be. One of the last problems was fixed as late as last Friday. Robert and Craighton did a great job of bringing it all together!

best regards, Jack

I think you're Robert. :)

Snufkinoob

I think the front grill on blonde fender amps are oxblood so I'd assume it's fender based in general.

Blonde, that's what I was thinking of, not tweed. :jo

If if is Fendery I might be interested. Klonish... less so, although if it is klonish it's good to see someone do a modified version of it rather than just churn out another 1:1 clone for people to bicker about.

shinksma

I'm in for the Keeley pre-order deal. For $398 + shipping ya' get a 30ms and Oxblood + a free pedal (Magnetic Echo, Stahlhammer Distortion, or a Katana Boost Mini) and T-Shirt. Can't beat that.

https://robertkeeley.com/product/30MSOxbloodPresale

Will post a review when received.
OK, I was interested in the 30ms, and the OxBlood was starting to pique my interest, but to throw in another pedal (and t-shirt) is a deal I can't pass-up. So, which extra pedal do I want...? To the YouTubeCave, Robin!

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
OK, I was interested in the 30ms, and the OxBlood was starting to pique my interest, but to throw in another pedal (and t-shirt) is a deal I can't pass-up. So, which extra pedal do I want...? To the YouTubeCave, Robin!

I went with the Stahlhammer. I don't have a RAT now soooooo :D

NHBluesMan

i find it both incredibly hilarious and incredibly sad that any new OD pedal coming out seems to now be prefaced with (not a Klone)

love the look of this- and knowing Keeley i bet it will sound great. I'm done with new OD's for a while now, but i bet this thing will find it's place on quite a few boards out there

shinksma

So I ordered the pair, plus free bonus pedal and T-Shirt.
I went with the Stahlhammer. I don't have a RAT now soooooo :D
I have a RAT, and I really need to experiment with a Boost (and could use one live, I think), so I went with the Mini Katana Boost. If I didn't have an Echorec the Magnetic Echo might have got me, though...

I really didn't need to spend $400 right now, but oh well...

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Was just about to order and it looks like they shut down the link to the presage. Probably shouldn't have been dropping $400 on pedals right now anyway with 2 new guitars and an amp build on the way.

I'm in for the Keeley pre-order deal. For $398 + shipping ya' get a 30ms and Oxblood + a free pedal (Magnetic Echo, Stahlhammer Distortion, or a Katana Boost Mini) and T-Shirt. Can't beat that.

https://robertkeeley.com/product/30MSOxbloodPresale

Will post a review when received.

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
i find it both incredibly hilarious and incredibly sad that any new OD pedal coming out seems to now be prefaced with (not a Klone)

love the look of this- and knowing Keeley i bet it will sound great. I'm done with new OD's for a while now, but i bet this thing will find it's place on quite a few boards out there

Yeah, seems like every OD pedal has to be a "Klon killer". In this case I think it might be because of the dual-ganged drive pot...?

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
Was just about to order and it looks like they shut down the link to the presage. Probably shouldn't have been dropping $400 on pedals right now anyway with 2 new guitars and an amp build on the way.

Still worked for me. You gotta select the drop downs (Variations & Shirt pick size) to get the cart.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
It's definitely not a Klon Klone. I mean, it only has the same type of gold hammertone color, and referencing the oxblood knobs. You're better than this Robby.

Top Bottom