• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Kemper Hi-gain video, Keith Merrow

riffy

Well,
Now that is just freakin' heavy as crap! Sounds like an amp to me here.
I don't know that anyone could ask for more.

jjkuz

I do understand your sentiments there, but, I don't usually play in a vacuum,
I want to hear the guitar in the mix with the other instruments.

Gary
I could not agree more.

Unless you are playing solo Jazz Chordal Melody stuff, I want to hear my gear as it is relative mixed within "the band" setting (either live or in the studio).

Some amps/modelers sound great alone in a vacuum, but horrible in a mix (the opposite is true as well).

blood5150

Gary

Im sure there is a bass in there somewhere too right?

I like to hear both... often times something ****** will still sound good in a mix if done properly...

mattball826

Gary
i think he means more for basic mono amp live sound.

if you have more than one track or like 4 with wide panning and big mix, thats not really example of live sound or kemper profile itself.

forum_crawler

This sounds very good. I am impressed!

It does sound like a recording made with tube amps. Most certainly one of the best high-gain/modeler recordings out there right now.

tgp100

This sounds very good. I am impressed!

It does sound like a recording made with tube amps. Most certainly one of the best high-gain/modeler recordings out there right now.
I agree.
I'm sure lots more kpa videos and profiles from the rock and metal crowd is to be expected.
Several studios, producers and guitarists are getting the Kemper profiling amplifier now.
Very impressive technology.

Last edited:

Britishampfan

This video just blew me away, had the track playing the studio last night the sound is all there.

Is this the new profiling amp?

I might be known as the kemperampfan now. Wow!

BWebb

Wow!!

Now how do I explain to my wife that I NEED a Kemper now after telling her a few months ago that the Axe Fx II was the last amp purchase I'll ever make?? hmmm...

tgp100

Wow!!

Now how do I explain to my wife that I NEED a Kemper now after telling her a few months ago that the Axe Fx II was the last amp purchase I'll ever make?? hmmm...
Tell your wife you have invested in a rare and priceless art deco toaster.
Too valuable to be kept in the kitchen of course.
Or say it's a genuine radio unit from the original Star Trek.
- Just listen honey... the sound of space invaders!
The investment is a Trek collectors dream and will increase in value over time.
:aok :knitting

Jasonbax

I own it and I've never looked back. It's the best kept unsecret. I typically hate modelers, because they are stale and fuzzy. The kemper is dynamic and thumps. In my opinion it's only a matter of time until people jump on it. The design seems to hurt the legitimacy of this product. I play it through cheap monitors and it kills.

nofearfactor

OP- great playing, I like.

A friend of mine is using his Kemper to run direct to the PA at shows and then uses his head/pedals/cab rig for his behind him stage sound. He has tons of amps at his house- Bogner, Marshall, Mesa, etc- he is using to get his profiles with. This same guy got me to buy an AX-FX when I was still using the GSP1101 in my industrial/metal band, and now he has one of these. I guess I better grab one before theyre all gone.

Top Bottom