• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Kemper Hi-gain video, Keith Merrow

jerryratpack

Beano can’t cure this sort of GAS
Double Platinum Member
I own it and I've never looked back. It's the best kept unsecret. I typically hate modelers, because they are stale and fuzzy. The kemper is dynamic and thumps. In my opinion it's only a matter of time until people jump on it. The design seems to hurt the legitimacy of this product. I play it through cheap monitors and it kills.
Question: Has anyone been using the Kemper for Lead playing ? It sounds great in the Chug and Rhythms, but I don't hear long sustaining Leads ?

If there is a thread anyone can direct me to , or personal experience , please let me know. I remember reading a post of someone ( can't remember when ) saying they felt it was best for Rhythm ?

Thanks !

BWebb

Tell your wife you have invested in a rare and priceless art deco toaster.
Too valuable to be kept in the kitchen of course.
Or say it's a genuine radio unit from the original Star Trek.
- Just listen honey... the sound of space invaders!
The investment is a Trek collectors dream and will increase in value over time.
:aok :knitting
Nice...why didn't I think of that? Good advice! :dude

ba_hill

There's some singing lead stuff in the track at this link.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1041554

It starts at about 1:00 and some more again at about 2:10.

Brian

Question: Has anyone been using the Kemper for Lead playing ? It sounds great in the Chug and Rhythms, but I don't hear long sustaining Leads ?

If there is a thread anyone can direct me to , or personal experience , please let me know. I remember reading a post of someone ( can't remember when ) saying they felt it was best for Rhythm ?

Thanks !

jerryratpack

Beano can’t cure this sort of GAS
Double Platinum Member
That is a nice recording !

I am wondering how the singing leads are raw though.

What I would like is to plug in the kemper, pick a rig, and play through monitors at home, and get that singing , sustaining lead sound while playing. Not sure if I need an external pedal to accomplish it or if the internal OD will do.

I appreciate the response and pointing me to that thread though.

Thanks

shasha

As impressive as that appeared the real test is how it would sound in my hands. I'm betting that it would suck. :)

You know all of this high gain, low tuned stuff is really cool to listen to, but I think that I'm just too old and talent deficient to be able to pull it off. Sounds great though.

Not to take anything away from the gear here at all, but in my opinion talent will always trump gear and this guy has a lot of it. Of course having a good tone will embelish that talent, but like I said earlier, you plug me into that and you'll be talking about how fizzy and lifeless it is. :)

tgp100

As impressive as that appeared the real test is how it would sound in my hands. I'm betting that it would suck. :)

You know all of this high gain, low tuned stuff is really cool to listen to, but I think that I'm just too old and talent deficient to be able to pull it off. Sounds great though.

Not to take anything away from the gear here at all, but in my opinion talent will always trump gear and this guy has a lot of it. Of course having a good tone will embelish that talent, but like I said earlier, you plug me into that and you'll be talking about how fizzy and lifeless it is. :)
Yes, playing skill is always king. It's the most important part.

bad playing in = bad sound out
No expensive tube amp or gear will ever make bad playing sound good.
Imagine if people put all their daily TV or gear tweaking hours into guitar practice instead.
All of a sudden, their gear would start to sound good, because they now play better.
Having good tone ears will make it even better.
:beer

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
The drums were overpowering the guitar. I could see fingers flying but couldn't hear the notes....

barhrecords

I thought the drum mix was about right.

If I turn it up in my mix room, I can blow dry my hair with the sub and kick drum fills. That's when it is right... for me.

richard

tgp100

If I turn it up in my mix room, I can blow dry my hair with the sub and kick drum fills. That's when it is right... for me.

richard
:D

I like the eerie ghost synthesizer in the background.
Didn't notice that earlier.
We all prefer different mixing styles, but the drums are not overpowering to my ears here.

Top Bottom