New Kemper Profile(s): Budda Superdrive 30

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by mix2much, Feb 18, 2012.

1. mix2much

mix2much Member

Just finished profiling my Budda Superdrive. There a total of 8 profiles- 4 for the clean and 4 for the drive channels. The higher the number the more gain was added to the amp at the time of profiling. I though it came out really well. I uploaded the profiles to the Rig Exchange. Let me know how you like them. Enjoy!

2. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Member

Hey bro - nice job with those profiles on the Budda Super 30! Those are some of my favorite profiles so far -- and I believe it was Budda3 or 4 that sound just like how I remembered my old Budda! I regretted selling it (until NOW).

GREAT JOB. Keep on profiling man!!! Dammmnn this Kemper is fun!!!!

3. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

Sweet will go check em out very soon!!!

4. OminousPoultry

OminousPoultry Member

Great - thanks I'll check them out. How did you profile - DI or mic'ed the cab? The profile says cab= Budda 2x12 so you miked your combo?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. mix2much

mix2much Member

I mic'd a Rivera 2x12 cab loaded with Budda Phat 12 speakers. The mic used is a Fathead ribbon straight into the Kemper.

6. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Oh snap, the amp I always wanted to try but never did... I will scope these out ASAP, thanks!

7. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

Hey Greg, if you could post a clip or two of the Superdrive profile that would be cool. I have an early SD30 (serial #14) that I bought new back in 2001 and would like to hear if the profile is close.

But I have to ask, was this an original amp, or the Series II? They actually sound a lot different. I prefer the original amps over the Series II. Also, I never cared for the sound of the Budda combo amps. The head/2x12 cabinet sounds Much better, IMO. The combos sound "boxy" to my ears.

8. mix2much

mix2much Member

This amp was also bought 2001 and is #0029. I had intended to make some clips but ended playing for too long and didn't get to it yet.