New King's X! Let it Rain

viper

So good to hear these guys back together again. This is a really good tune that I know I'll love even more on each listen. It sounds like King's X due to Dug's voice but NOT too much like old school King's X, so it's a fairly fresh batch of tones and vibes coming from the guys.

Read a quote from Dug that's piqued my interest: "Every song is completely different than the other — mixed and sonically; everything"

Supercubziggy

I have heard the entire album and I can say without a doubt this is one of, if not the most sonically massive albums I have ever heard. If you like this track preorder the vinyl. Now! The entire record was printed straight from the 1/2” masters to the lathe to cut the acetate. No eq, no console, no BS. They even hard wired out of the 1/2” to bypass the eq in the tape machine. I loaned them a bunch of gear for this. That’s my Echorec in the first guitar chord you hear. So great!!!

B Money

I dig it, frankly I'm a little surprised to hear it. The album has been in the can for a long time now, it was really starting to look like it might never get released.
As always, I'll buy it on the day of release, and go see them live I'd they come to my area. Gotta support these guys, they've had a tough road.

Scanloni

Wife and kids are sleeping upstairs. Left my earbuds in the pocket of my shorts which are up there too. So I listened to the track with my phone pressed up to my ear so as not to disturb them. Normally this method results in sonic disappointment, but in this case it resulted in great pleasure. I don’t believe I’ve ever listened to an entire track this way before. But I did tonight.

twoheadedboy

I have heard the entire album and I can say without a doubt this is one of, if not the most sonically massive albums I have ever heard. If you like this track preorder the vinyl. Now! The entire record was printed straight from the 1/2” masters to the lathe to cut the acetate. No eq, no console, no BS. They even hard wired out of the 1/2” to bypass the eq in the tape machine.

What is the advantage of this approach?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom