New Klon Info!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Groovysnoopy113, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Groovysnoopy113

Groovysnoopy113 Member

2. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

Yea, I saw that, Tempted to get $3000 worth of these ..

3. gururyan

gururyan Member

(watches this item)

...it will be interesting to see just how high these go.

4. gpro34

gpro34 Member

So the first bidder goes to $450 dollars? Sounds like a nice way to get the auction going high. Why would someone who really wants this pedal begin the auction at almost 500 dollars, seems fishy to me.

5. Big White Tele

Big White Tele Member

The starting price was 450.00...

6. OOG

OOG Member

that's very Bill
    a really good guy

7. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

8. Jove

Jove Member

Maybe this will make the prices come down a bit on the horseys if he releases 70 brand new ones to the market..

J

9. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Return of the Golden Horsie ;)

10. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Good for you Bill!! I applaud your generosity.

11. tweedcab

tweedcab Supporting Member

Nah, people will market their Horsie models as "original" vs. "reissue" and the market will continue. These might even outprice the originals because of the "limited" run. I don't know, only time will tell. The best way to get the prices to come down is very a very unlikely solution in our country. That is to have patience, order one from Bill for $344 and wait for it. What a concept, huh :AOK Kudos to Bill for putting up where it is needed!!!

12. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

It's pretty obvious that it will not sell for anywhere near $500 so why start bidding that low? I don't think there is anything fishy going on. If someone is going to place shill bids they are not going to do it on the first bid. Also, there's no need to place shill bids on things like this anyways, the price will be sky high.

13. lukeII

lukeII Supporting Member

I am lost

a couple of months ago a silver Klon cost about 360 dollars new from Bill and the Gold ones with a horsey carried anywhere from 200 to 400 premiums for old ones. However sonically and component wise they are exactly the same. This is already quirky.

Now people are prepared to shell out (we'll see but likely) a 2 to 300 dollar premium
    for brand new pedals from Bill just because of a "reissue" horsey and a gold paint scheme. Like John Mcenroe you used to say "You cannot be serious".

I don't know if Bill Finnegan surfs these waters but if he does and someone ends up paying more than 700 dollars for that pedal. He should send them a gold Tshirt with a Horsey motif and the words "I am an idiot" on the front. It would only increase the collectors value of the pedal.

14. Groovysnoopy113

Groovysnoopy113 Member

Hey Luke

the only people you can blame for the high premuims for just color and a graphic are the people who buy them. Remember Bill is doing this for a friend. He won't personally make a single profit off any one of these "Boxing Rabbit" pedals...it's very admirable. And I personally would feel better about $700 going to someone in need of help, than just to someone who wants to make an extra buck on reselling a pedal.

Remember Klons started out at $200 when they first where available. Now bill ask for $344 (with the amount of work that goes into these pedals that is a fair price). And you can still purchase them for that much.

15. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

This is an amazing gesture of generosity. I applaud it.

16. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

Generous definitely... however, from a buyer's perspective, unless you want to feel good about your purchase and help someone else, who is gonna spend 500$ on a pedal because it has a centaur on it? that's getting into amp territory. Hopefully he can help her out though.

17. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

18. CentralScrutini

CentralScrutini Member

People already do spend way more than $500 for a Klon with a horsey on it. That little man makes all the difference in tone.

19. loudstuff

loudstuff Member

Yep. I heard the centaur is key because he uses his sword to cut a clear path to Tone Heaven. Without him, how could a guitarist ever sound good?! :hide

20. peacebone

peacebone Member

You do realize that this auction has been placed by Bill as a personal private charity to his friend?