• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New koa Mcnaught

Profklamen

Silver Supporting Member
I don't own any guitars with p90's, found this Mcnaught at a Guitar Center and gave it a try. Seems like a really finely made guitar and sounds killer.

I don't really know much about Mcnaught, but I am completely impressed.

prsflame

Gorgeous guitar. I have 4 mcnaughts. It doesn't get much better, as far as tone, sustain, playability, and build quality. Go back and buy it!!:D

Profklamen

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the compliments! I don't know that it's Koa for sure - it was listed as a Koa Mcnaught on the Guitar Center tag, and that may not be reliable. I thought it looked a bit like Korina too.

I have a substantial collection of guitars, and I must say, I've never seen a more carefully crafted guitar.

By the way, anyone want to guess what I paid for it?

axe4me

Thanks for the compliments! I don't know that it's Koa for sure - it was listed as a Koa Mcnaught on the Guitar Center tag, and that may not be reliable. I thought it looked a bit like Korina too.

I have a substantial collection of guitars, and I must say, I've never seen a more carefully crafted guitar.

Guitar Center usually overprices boutique guitars BUT they sometimes make bone head deals (without know a guitars true value).

I bought a Pawar Turn Of The Century from the Mays Landing GC and they told me it was an OLP.........it was the 17th Pawar made.

XKnight

That's a killer guitar. Looks like a carve top which makes it worth quite a bit. Even in today's depressed market that guitar would probably go for about $2000 - $2500 used. I'm guessing you paid quite a bit less. Maybe GC didn't bother to do a search on the guitar and didn't know what they had. Of course if they bought it for pennies on the dollar from the owner they still probably made a nice profit.

Profklamen

Silver Supporting Member
Got it for $1800. Like I said in the initial post, I don't know much about Mcnaught, but this guitar was so fine it seemed like a bargain at that price. Its middle weight, I don't have a scale, but neither light nor heavy.

fenderball

Silver Supporting Member
that seems to me to be an amazing deal!!!
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mcnaughts are great and u scored a winner!
enjoy!
Got it for $1800. Like I said in the initial post, I don't know much about Mcnaught, but this guitar was so fine it seemed like a bargain at that price. Its middle weight, I don't have a scale, but neither light nor heavy.

Bluedawg

Now you can hang in the "Small Company Luthiers" section with the other swells! ;)

McKnaught himself hangs out over there ... get thee there forthwith and learn more about his awesome guitars!

congrats ... very nice

:banana

JES1680

Gold Supporting Member
That one sat in G/C in MPLS for quite a while. I had it brought in from another G/C to try out a while back and atcually replaced the pull pot as the original was broken. I passed as I found an R4 and was looking for a wrap tail. They had it at $2899.00 for the longest time. I shot them a couple offers on it over the next many months. I would have grabbed it at $1800.00 but they wouldn't hardley move off the $2899.00, then they shipped it to Chicago. Glad you were able to get a deal on it. It really is a sweet looking and playing guitar.

go7

You did very well. A great guitar at a great price. Sounds like a winner!! Congrats.

Trending Topics