New Koll Top

joek86

Supporting Member
Here's a pic of the top that I am getting on the Koll Duo that Saul is building for me. I couldn't decide between quilt or flame and this really popped out at me. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it, I was blown away! It's going to be interesting to see how it looks with stain.........

cocheese

Supporting Member
That is simply incredible! That has to be one of the coolest looking tops I've ever seen. That will make one amazing guitar. :)

joek86

Supporting Member
Originally posted by zeppo
Really cool lookin', what color you going for?
Thanks, I am going with rich porter which is on one of the Duo's on Saul's site. It's just what it say's, a deep rich burgundy red. I like it because it's understated and timeless.

BTW, anyone thinking of doing a Koll guitar, Saul has been the most responsive and over all best person to deal with that I have encountered thus far! He is communicative and actually does what he says that he is going to do. Highly recommended!

Blunder

Supporting Member
Nice looking wood :D. That's gonna be a beauty. I really like that dark porter. Thought about that color for my new Duo, but am going with a light blonde stain.

Saul is one of the nicest and most professional guys around.
....And he can build one hell of a guitar.:cool:

Bonedance

That is just luscious! With the porter finish, it will be stunning!! Can't wait to see the finished pics.

slipbeer

Supporting Member
Are you sure you don't want to do TV Yellow? Those Koll's look great that way...or black would be good too.

Seriously, that should be flippin' awesome.

jivebaby

I'm going for a tv yellow glide jr with a large moon inlay at the 12th and a sun inlay at the 5th. I based the neck dimensions off my hamer strat but made it a tad fatter. Can't wait to hear this thing.

Mike

cocheese

Supporting Member
My tornado should be here this week and it will have a Kollina body/neck with Saul's amazing TV yellow finish. Can't wait!!!! :D

Black Gretsched out Duo Glide with 2 TV Jones Classic+ Pups, &
Bigsby B5 tailpiece.

TV Wheat/White JR. Glide w 2 Lollar P90s, wraparound taipiece.

Both coming early fall. Can't wait.

Saul is incredible to work with. I'm sure I'll have a 12 string on
order soon.

zeppo

It's inexcusable I don't have a pic of my orange duo and Saul just picked it up two days ago to take back to his shop for a little tune-up. As soon as I get it back I'll shoot one.

h.

Trending Topics