New Kolls Day

Baemer

Silver Supporting Member
They have arrived. Saul dropped them off on Friday, which is so incredibly kind. I’m totally overwhelmed, will provide you with a detailed report as I work them through the amps, and my playing situations.

IMHO They are amazing. My wife says the superior is the most beautiful guitar she’s ever seen. I have to agree, heartbreakingly beautiful and plays equally as well. The tornado is iconic.

Here are the photos. Saul is the man.

Family Photo

More photos here - http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/Baemer/library/?view=recent&page=1

Ok, Back to playing, thanks for letting me share...more to come, and thanks to Saul.

Last edited:

aeiou (why?)

Yeah, I'm a serious guy
Holy smokes! Great looking guitars! Is that gold foil PUs on a gold foil top and a limba back? fill us in! (after you're done breakin' 'em in of course...)

Jaya

Supporting Member
Every single detail on these guitars is stunningly beautiful and iconic.
Kudos to Saul!
Enjoy them in a good health my friend.

anyone

Oh man! That gold/copper-leaf one is the most visually appealing instrument I've ever seen.
Dang!!!!

chinstrap

That is truly stunning. I knew Saul was a master builder, but that gold foil thingy is just mind bending. I've never seen anything like it. Enjoy!

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Baemer, that gold foil piece is nucking futs. What did Saul do so that finish would actually stay on the guitar and not pull away from the body?

Beautiful axes.

DCH

Supporting Member
Congrats Baemer, and Saul too. Both are gorgeous, and the Superior is absolutely a work of art.

Can't wait to hear more.

David Myka

Wow, gorgeous guitars!~ I agree, the gold top is just beautiful. I love the inlay on the Tornado too, very cool detail.

Man, if they play anywhere near as nice as the pink one you are in for many years of bliss!~

~David

jamess

Silver Supporting Member
All three are stunning, but man that light gold one is just breathtaking!

What incredible art. Enjoy!

scott

Supporting Member
Did Saul make the tailpiece on that gold guitar?
Ive never seen one like that before, it looks very well made.
Love Saul's guitars, Id buy one if I could afford it!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Gold Supporting Member
Beautiful!!!!!!

Are those Lollar gold foils? I have a set of 3 in my Asher and really love them.

Baemer

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Guys! Thank you for the posts! Yes, I'm beyond thrilled with the way these turned out. Seriously. No time for a proper tone report, which will come. To answer questions....
AEIOU - Yep, you got it, Gold Leaf on a NOS Gretsch Lam Maple top, and Nitro finish. Lollar Gold Foils, Biltoft CC with the new shielding, semi hollow with Korina center block, like a 335, Limba back and neck. Brazilian Rosewood board, Walnut face plate. Incredible.

Teleplayer - He did some sort of Applique that is not unlike applying wallpaper and then finished it all with Nitro. I have a picture of it I'll dig up and post later.

David - They do! Still working on the action on the Tornado, getting used to the longer scale (25"), but yes, just as clean and clear and low as on Mr. Pink, which is saying something. The Gold Superior actually plays better. :) It's definitely in the top 3 out of all the guitars I've played, if not #1. I'm really astonished that it can looks so cool, and plays and sounds so inspiring. It's not gimmicky sounding, but it sounds really unique, simultaneously vintage and high fidelity. You'll get to see them soon!

Plexigary - it's patinaed copper. Wonderful tactile feel when you are playing. My personal pseudo-science believes that it helps keep the tv jones T-90's quieter than I've experienced when I owned them in my previous tornado.

Jaya, DCH, Furilla, my friends, Anyone, Beezwx, Chinstrap, Jamess, Hotpaul, enharmonic, scott, Shallbe - thank you for your comments...

I'll be in touch with a formal update and Clips (jaya) soon.

Here's to Saul.
Yours in rock - B

Last edited:
Congrats Baemer on the new axes & well done to Saul. You are a master! Love the custom tailpiece on the Superior - it just fits perfectly with the whole aesthetic of the guitar. Also I love way the inset binding on the neck mimicks the look of the Biltoft CC pickup cover.

Trending Topics