• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Lap Steel, cast aluminum

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I don't buy a lot of gear anymore, mostly because I am very satisfied with the instruments I own. When Todd Clinesmith told me he was going to make some cast aluminum steels, I flipped. I received this beautiful cast aluminum masterpiece in the mail 2 days ago. Cast in a foundry, polished by hand, pickup made by Todd using the wire he got from Paul Bigsby's shop (Todd bought parts and dies, etc. used by bigsby). And yes, this guitar is inspired by the design of Paul Bigsby.

I own two other Clinesmiths and have owned two in addition to that, but with regard to tone, nothing touches this guitar. It weighs 10 lbs.

Here it is in my hands:

And in the hands of the maker:

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Man that's awesome. I'm getting the jones to do some lap steel stuff. Wow

Quarter

Sweet ride Mike! If I didn't roll my own, one of Todd's wonderful instruments would be on my very short list for a new steel.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I am so blown away by this instrument. My passion for playing music has been waning lately, but two things have revived it: this instrument and Thelonious Monk.

rhp52

It is a looker! Would very much like to hear this one, too. At any rate, congrats on one fine looking 8 string.

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
Dude. Seriously. I mean...dude.

I also want to join the Greek chorus of voices crying out for clips. It's really magical when an instrument can inspire you to the point that it brings you out of a funk.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
Just gorgeous. Would love to hear it if you can record something.

Trending Topics