new larry carlton es 335

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bugman, Jul 13, 2008.

1. bugman

bugman Member

[​IMG] just got back from the vintage guitar show near phily this weekend got this new larry carlton es 335 for 2,500, a gibson dealer was blowing out all gibsons great prices, dident expect to get a new guitar was looking for used but for 1,000 off could not resist they had new 335 flame tops for 2,100 out the door and other venders where selling used ones for 2,400 needless to say they sold all 4 es 335s plus my lc 335 i returned my 339 like this 335 much better it has a nice big neck and a big sound and its different then other 335s its like a 62 es 335

2. LVC

LVC Senior Member

did not know there was a show this weekend ..... jeeeez.

Is there a website that I can sign-up for ALERTS?

Thanks

Laz

3. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

I think it's patterned off LC 67-8 335. Certainly thats what era it looks to be from and what I've read too.

Congrats!

J

4. bugman

bugman Member

the web site is bee3vintage.com next show is october i think but check site i saw three 1959 les pauls there

5. bugman

bugman Member

6. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Gold Supporting Member

Very nice guitar! I bought a Ritenour Custom Shop 335 this year that I love. They are really putting out some great semi-hollowbodies this year. Care to provide a little mini-review of the Carlton? Especially in comparison to the 339 you let go?

7. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

Freq-ing beautiful; congrats.

8. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

That's a great looking guitar, major congrats! My first Gibson was a 335 I bought new in '66 and it was killer. The dot necks have too thin a neck for me. My '66 had a round meatier neck that felt great. I'm guessing yours has the type neck I like.

9. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Great looking guitar, but nearly impossible to decipher post. Periods, commas, semi-colons. They are your friends.

10. JS335

JS335 Member

11. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

Very impressive, I feel a gas jonesing coming on...I need a 335 for my arsenal...that is a killer price.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  12. Guitartim

Guitartim Member

I really have nothing to add to this thread. I just like coming back to it again and again just to look at that beautiful Carlton 335.:)

13. 5E3

5E3 Member

Beautiful guitar! Congrats :AOK

14. 77Eric

77Eric Member

Very nice! Of course I'm biased since I own one, too... so I'll share a few thoughts about mine: The one piece mahogany neck is chunky, not thin, and 1-5/8 wide at the nut, despite what you may read elsewhere. I believe the frets are 6105's. The bridge is Nashville but is mounted ABR-1 style with the studs that screw directly into the wood. The tailpiece obviously is in an unusual position but it helps if you want to lower it as far as possible.

I bought mine very slightly used about 6 months ago and the only minor flaw was that the fret ends were a bit sharp. It took a little time to get the setup dialed in but now it plays great. I don't plan any mods to mine at this point...

How are you doing with yours, bugman?

15. m.z.

m.z. "Musician" /Gear Hoarder

Wow this is an old thread... still have that guitar? Wanted to know how much it weighs...