New Lentz

Zane

I hear that "~Somethings Happening Here~"

There was a thread going... but ...Scott requested that pix -o-the "New Model" not be linked to other sites for now. If your on the interent you prolly know how to do a search to find his web site.

Zane

No biggie Dave.
Just someone brought one-o-the pix over here....

Now let's get back to talking 'bout how purty they is...:D
So Dave you planning on get one-o-the Atom's. I saw a while back you were interested in the P-90's. That's what I'm contemplating myself.

Zane

posted by Scrutinizer:
I like your sig, Zane. That's exactly what I'm thinkin right now
yea,I thought it was appropiate :)
I like 'em both. Wonder what that Hybrid sounds like..I like that toggle switch.

AJ Love

I tend to like to buy guitars used these days in order to save $$ and get great deals, but this new Lentz guitar might be an exception for me.... I wonder just how many used ones we might see down the line? Anyone have any idea what the production numbers will be?

pokey

Pickguard looks goofy imo. I still don't understand why he couldn't of just changed the headstock design on the "S" & "T" models and kept on rollin'. I'm sure the new guitars play and sound great. :)
Is there a reason, sonically speaking, to have the neck p-90 so far from the end of the fretboard?

Zane

Shoot man I don't know what thier production numbers use to be. I know it's just a 3 man shop...so...
They use to have a wait time of about 6 mo's. I waited 5 mo's fer my "2 pup".
This from Ian:
We have a few of each in various finishes from the first batch. These guitars are all nearly finished and ready to go. All are in various stages of finish at this time. We also have a 2nd batch in woodworking, so it is a prefect opprotunity to get a Lentz with a minimal wait.

FredW

I am going to go see Scott on Friday or Sat to check these out. I can't wait!! I'll let you guys know how it goes

Zane

posted by FredW:
I am going to go see Scott on Friday or Sat to check these out. I can't wait!! I'll let you guys know how it goes
Yea I keep telling myself I'm gonna go out that way one-o-these days.
Let us know all about 'em!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
I bet those are great playing and sounding guitars, but I'm not crazy about the body or headstock shape.

Also, I believe that Tom Anderson debuted a new single cutaway guitar at 2005 NAMM called the Atom. After the Fender copywright issues, you wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot............

R

rjlaero1

Saw the pics...they look Ok. Nothing earth shattering and there's nothing to hate about them or say they're ugly.

I'm sure they'll play and sound great. Lentz has a great rep.

But they're not Strat and Tele clones, and I'm wondering what the market will bear for these original designs.

People are so traditional right now in the market place that's it's tough to sell relatively plain-looking "original" guitars for $2500.

I'm sure Lentz will have a rush on honeymoon orders that will keep hime busy for quite a long time, though. Good luck to 'em.

pugsfly

Originally posted by Zane
No biggie Dave.
Just someone brought one-o-the pix over here....

Now let's get back to talking 'bout how purty they is...:D
So Dave you planning on get one-o-the Atom's. I saw a while back you were interested in the P-90's. That's what I'm contemplating myself.
I'm the one who brought over the pixs. Sorry man!

Apologies to Scott and Zane for any inconveniences caused. Really preety guitar I must say, something new, yet something familiar, ya know what I'm saying? :dude

Zane

no biggie pugsfly...I'm just a guy that love's Scotts guitars. I was just letting people know so they could check 'em out. Not tring to speak for them.I think he's just wanting to wait on spreading 'em around till he gets his revamped web site up. They are mighty purty though. I put a couple-o-pix up over yonder of the one Buddy has been test drivin'. It's the model they didn't have pictures of this morning. Check 'em out!!

John C

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by shallbe
I bet those are great playing and sounding guitars, but I'm not crazy about the body or headstock shape.

Also, I believe that Tom Anderson debuted a new single cutaway guitar at 2005 NAMM called the Atom. After the Fender copywright issues, you wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot............
When I looked at Ian's post earlier today it had the Atom reference, but I wasn't sure if it referred to the guitar or to their custom P-90 pickups.

When I just checked the post a few minutes ago the reference to the name "Atom" has been removed, so I guess an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

E

Ericsson

Would it be safe to say the outlines are an attempt to marry the body shapes of Stratocaster and Telecaster? The upper portion of the headstock has the ball end of the strat, while the lower part has the gentle cup of the tele.

The body shape as well - seems to morph tele and strat into one. Overall I think it misses the mark, going strictly on pictures... the waist is a bit fat and overall the look is not terribly distinctive.

dirk nixon

It's not exactly a bold new design. I was expecting more... I guess it will allow him to make Fender styled guitars without the Fender legal team hasseling him though.

AJ Love

I think it looks killin'.... the only hope for Fender now is to hope that not many people hear of Lentz. Other than the masterbuilts by John English they can't come close to competing quality wise

mountain blues

Gold Supporting Member
Having talked with Scott during the design stages of these guitars, I can't say what design ideas inspired him other then a real love for French curves — which I share — and the tremendous subtleties that the French curves give you as a designer.

I don't see a design that is simply a marriage of Tele and Strat. My read is a desire to use shapes he loves which pay homage to two of the greatest designs ever, while coming up with something that transcends them.

Almost like an 'Italian Fender', this design, to me, has a captivating and subtle mixture of Fender, Gibson 335, traditional Bajo Sexto, Wandre, and Rickenbacker. I like it a lot.

Trending Topics